moon research

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmihunter

moon research

Unread postby wmihunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:45 am

its my understanding that the moon is directly overhead or underfoot during the first and 3rd quarter (or last quarter moons) so all the peak moon times would be during these moon phases. see the following article

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publis ... Moon.shtml

here is one of the key thoughts in the article..
First and third quarter moons are directly overhead at sunset and sunrise, respectively; moreover, first and third quarter moons are directly underfoot at sunrise and sunset, respectively. In other words, when his hunters hunt hardest - mornings and evenings - the moon is peaking in the sky during these key lunar phases.

is there a website that shows historical moon phases for past years?
how many of your big buck kills have occurred on peak moon days?

gjs4
500 Club

Re: moon research

Unread postby gjs4 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 am

Just bought that new Bill Vale book and that is my perception of what he is saying aftre my first read of the moon chapter.

JLH (something something something) on here really gets it and Dan has some good moon posts that jump out too

I havent cared much about the moon beyond- big moon stay home till noon ....... feeling like i may be missing the boat w that attitude
Green and growing... Or red and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”