What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
User avatar
Schultzy
500 Club
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Every year text messages and emails start flying around that this buck was shot here, there, everywhere. This year someone from around where I live started a rumor this buck was hit by a car 5 miles north of where I live. I know It's BS but half of the people on FB around where I live say "no way", we saw the buck. Someone give me some Info so I can end these ridiculous rumors.

Image
Last edited by Schultzy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.


mnbowfisherman33
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:58 am
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby mnbowfisherman33 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 pm

That would be the Dan Miller buck, heres a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMz_bqQjwmk
dreaming bucks
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Isn't that the buck that was shot by an amish guy years ago ? Maybe in ohio, not sure... try to google that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
User avatar
Schultzy
500 Club
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks all. I can't believe people don't believe me when I tell them this buck was not from around here.
User avatar
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Location: Western L.P. of MI
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

That buck was shot several years ago in KY. I know within about 1/4 mile of where he was shot. Unfortunately, so dose everyone else down there. A buddy of mine seen him while bow hunting a week earlier. (A couple of you probably know who I'm talking about.)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
User avatar
BowtechHunting
500 Club
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:06 am
Facebook: Don't have one...
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Schultzy wrote:Every year text messages and emails start flying around that this buck was shot here, there, everywhere. This year someone from around where I live started a rumor this buck was hit by a car 5 miles north of where I live. I know It's BS but half of the people on FB around where I live say "no way", we saw the buck. Someone give me some Info so I can end these ridiculous rumors.

Image



This buck will never go away....

This, like posted above, is the Dan Miller buck. He was harvested on public land, land that I've been hunting for years and know very well. He was shot by a Amish man, while sitting next to a tree taking a rest, in 45 minutes this buck appeared. He shot him, dropped him where he stood and the rest is history. Dan has been on Kentucky Afield, I have it tapped. So no, this buck wasn't hit by a car or truck, train, moped, poached, or a jet fighter. I see this year after year, and this buck has been shot at least a dozen times in 15 states and hit by at least 5 vehicles. This buck is unstoppable!
User avatar
RaisedByWolves
500 Club
Posts: 2441
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: WI
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 am

i think the reason that pic works so well as a hoax is because no one is holding the buck or sitting by it. i understand that dan is amish and won't be in the picture....to the rest of us it looks like the same pose as a road kill or something. any non-amish guy would be all over that pig
When better is possible, good is never good enough
User avatar
BowtechHunting
500 Club
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:06 am
Facebook: Don't have one...
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:13 am

RaisedByWolves wrote:i think the reason that pic works so well as a hoax is because no one is holding the buck or sitting by it. i understand that dan is amish and won't be in the picture....to the rest of us it looks like the same pose as a road kill or something. any non-amish guy would be all over that pig



Very true, I personally would be cheezin' from ear lobe to ear lobe! At least Miller could have stuck some hands on the beams and just keep his head out of it!

I'm sure it will re-surface again next season...
User avatar
cornfedkiller
500 Club
Posts: 2419
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 am
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:25 am

Hahaha funny you should bring up this photo Schultzy! When I was back home this past friday, I was at the bar having a couple beers, and a guy came up to me and said I just had to see this picture of a deer on his phone..while looking through his phone for the picture, he was explaining to me that this deer he was about to show me was shot a few years ago in northern MN by the son of the guy who's land they hunt.. He finds the pic after a little bit and its THIS exact picture, and I just start laughing. He asks me whats so funny and I tell him the guy didnt shoot that deer, and that it was shot by an amish guy in kentucky. He didnt believe me and told me those guys were telling him it was in the local paper years ago, etc, etc, so I had to google the picture for him and show him that it was in fact not shot on the property they hunt in MN..

He was a little disappointed! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Schultzy
500 Club
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:11 am

cornfedkiller wrote:Hahaha funny you should bring up this photo Schultzy! When I was back home this past friday, I was at the bar having a couple beers, and a guy came up to me and said I just had to see this picture of a deer on his phone..while looking through his phone for the picture, he was explaining to me that this deer he was about to show me was shot a few years ago in northern MN by the son of the guy who's land they hunt.. He finds the pic after a little bit and its THIS exact picture, and I just start laughing. He asks me whats so funny and I tell him the guy didnt shoot that deer, and that it was shot by an amish guy in kentucky. He didnt believe me and told me those guys were telling him it was in the local paper years ago, etc, etc, so I had to google the picture for him and show him that it was in fact not shot on the property they hunt in MN..

He was a little disappointed! :mrgreen:
LMAO!! A person on my fb page said no way that buck was from somewhere else, his buddy saw It around where I live. I had to get the right Info then as I knew It was from down south In Kentucky or somewhere but wasn't sure on how It was killed. Minnesotans are something!!
User avatar
Brandon
500 Club
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:24 am
Location: MD & VA
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Brandon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 am

Dan Miller Buck http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2 ... w_0907_02/

The Amish Buck was killed in OH http://www.timesgazette.com/main.asp?Se ... 8&TM=36319

All of these bucks have been on the internet for years.... if your getting your leg pulled just simply start reading the big buck websites and you will see the REAL stories BEFORE the rumor mill starts.

No one should be getting fooled this many years AFTER the buck(s) was killed. It will drive you insane!
You can't kill em on the couch
Autumn Ninja
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 am

Just seen this Steve....

Thats the Dan Miller buck shot at Pennyrile State Forest in 2006. He was 6.5 years old, field dressed 168lbs, net 246 with a world class typical frame netting over 200" (the product of a 15" spread AR, LOL!!)

The pressure is crazy on that place now..... 1,000's of hunters roll in from all around the country each year thinking there going to kill a buck like that, lol.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Schultzy
500 Club
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm
Location: Minnesota
Status: Offline

Re: What's the EXACT story with this buck?

Unread postby Schultzy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I knew It was shot years ago but I didn't the know the whole story on where or how It went down. Thank you all for the Info. I set everyone straight on fb yesterday with this.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gwm and 22 guests