wow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

wow

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

so i went back to the hourglass funnel that i saw two bucks at on thursday evening and sat the morning...saw a 4 and a 6..let them both walk..went back home for some lunch and on my way back in, i noticed that while i was at lunch, a permanent stand had been fashoined about 100 yards from where i was sitting out of an extension ladder and plywood sheets. wow...this was a pretty remote spot too..about a mile through wet nasty swamp. so i sat up in my stand i noticed some people, about 6 of them walking through the woods 70 yards out from me..then they stopped by their new stand and headed back to the road...wow..what the heck do they think they are going to do? seriously what is the point of going and bumping all the deer and building a stand (which is illegal on public anyway) a week before gun season!!!!??? i knew that i had already pretty much cooked the spot sitting it for a third time but now its totally toasted. didnt see anything that night...now if i saw 2 bucks on a virgin sit. two bucks on the next sit and then none on the third, thats pretty consistent with the pattern ive observed in the past..by my third sit in an area i no longer see deer..thats why i stay mobile...this was the first time all year i hunted the same spot more than once....what do people think they are gaining by doing all this invasive "scouting"? last year there was about 20 people hunting this strech of public on gun opener and not a single shot was fired the whole opening weekend..the defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...these people are insane...they show up a week before gun opener, tramp through the woods and put up their stands, then complain that the "deer numbers are low" when opening day comes around and they dont see anything...WTF!!!! im really getting frustrated..i thought i could beat them by going in farther but it looks like i have to go in even farther...seriously at what point does the whole swamp just go nocturnal because of pressure? is it even worth it? anyone have any experience they can share on how to deal with this?

"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
BigHunt

Re: wow

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 pm

:shock: :shock: unreal....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BCam

Unread postby BCam » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

bummer man...at least u got a couple good sits before the madness tho. that is pretty crazy.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I would let the warden know, maybe he can be sitting in the stand when they arrive opening morning. My brother in laws just built my niece a massive tower stand complete with windows and finished it up today. Two weeks ago they were cutting 6 or 8 tree;s down in the exact same spot! They said you will see a ton of deer now because its a lot taller than her old tripod stand and there is no brush to get in her way, the whole time Im thinking good luck seeing any deer out of this until next year! They all keep telling me to move my stand this weekend, I am staying out so when they all go to their new stands that were renovated this weekend, I should have a parade like I did last year! I love how people think you can just pop up a big wooden stand the week or two before and expect results! I guess thats what seperates this site's hunters from "average" hunters.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:42 pm

No its not worth it thats why I dont hunt any public land.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:12 pm

What I thought was my own ogre swamp has some pressure in there too.

Look at it this way, the extra traffic may help move them around.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”