This is my Town

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

This is my Town

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:48 pm

I realize we all hunt different circumstances and have different goals. In places like this you never actually know what crowd u are talking to. Just gonna offer my advice if some reader finds themselves in my situation. We can’t all take off of work, buy non resident license, spend gas to travel to all 4 corners of the earth. In such cases I don’t feel I’m at a disadvantage. In fact I believe home court advantage was named for a reason. I will be the first to tell ya I am likely to get dusted in every other counties woods and water in the great entire USA. But I tell ya what…. I ain’t gonna get beat in mine. I would rather be great right here than mediocre everywhere. Prob sounds sorry but the best times of my life are when folks pull up to a public boat ramp or woodlot and say that (f-bomb) is here.

I love that feeling. Why? Cause I worked my entire life for that edge. I don’t give a flying hoot if that makes me a one trick pony or not. What I get a kick out of is big money bringing it down and getting dusted by a guy without a boat or shooting a stickbow. There is great benefits to hunting where u live! A hunter who spends 150 days a year in the woods is leaps and bounds above those that must travel and only get a couple weekends a year in. Beat em with effort, determination, and guts! One thing money will never be able to buy is time. That’s the equalizer for rednecks who set there life up to hunt/fish. Choose wisely and live with your choices!

Whitetail Wishes……

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: This is my Town

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Well said and good luck, amigo,
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 pm

I thought you were going to go with an Eric Church reference with his song “this is my hometown”. One of my favorites.

I guarantee you own your county!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Boogie, your the best. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:13 pm

Amen Boogie! I’ve got 3 little kids and a high maintenance wife. All big bucks in my zip code better watch out cuz I’m not going anywhere!
Strategically Inefficient
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 pm

Stingray713 wrote:Amen Boogie! I’ve got 3 little kids and a high maintenance wife. All big bucks in my zip code better watch out cuz I’m not going anywhere!

I’m guessing she is not a Beast member :lol:
Ryan
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Good one

I wouldn’t trade a week here for a week hunting anywhere else. Content.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 pm

I like hunting my home turf. Some are a 2hr drive. I’m not going anywhere this year outside of that unless I tag out with some vacation time left. Good point Boogie
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 am

Man i’m so busy working, maintaining the house, and raising my boy i’m lucky to get out a couple hours during the week and maybe a 5 hour hunt Sat and Sun morning before the family crawls out of bed. If i’m lucky, i can grab an evening sit Sat night as well.

Obviously the majority of my hunts are close to home and easy access out of necessity or i’m not hunting at all. But like Boogie i know these spots like the back of my hand, i walk them year round, i know where the beds are, etc. I guarantee you take a “celebrity” hunter and give him two days to hunt these spots i’ll see more deer. Where they gain an advantage is when they are able to set up camp and hunt there 7 days in a row sun up to sun down like the THP guys do. I don’t have that luxury.

We can’t be young and single again with no responsibilities and nothing to do but hunt. Those days were awesome but priorities change forcing you to master your home range.
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:15 am

Ryan549 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:Amen Boogie! I’ve got 3 little kids and a high maintenance wife. All big bucks in my zip code better watch out cuz I’m not going anywhere!

Maybe Shopping Beast

I did explain to her what a spike is last night. She liked that they are called spikes. :roll:
Strategically Inefficient
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am

I am the same way. I hunted Montana a while back and the entire time I was there I wanted to be home hunting "my woods".
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 am

Well said. Ditto! We've worked hard to gain the home field advantage. I love the fact that I'm still learning new things after all these years.
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:16 am

Stingray713 wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:

Maybe Shopping Beast

I did explain to her what a spike is last night. She liked that they are called spikes. :roll:

The Shopping Beast :think: I like it! A forum based website for the hardcore, compulsive buyer.

Topics…..
Scouting for Black Friday
Pressured malls
Cyber scouting deals
Public parking
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:21 am

I always end up gravitating back to my local fishing hole I grew up on. Not the best place to fish, but I’m at my best when I’m there.

Hunting is still a work in progress for me
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:

Maybe Shopping Beast

The Shopping Beast :think: I like it! A forum based website for the hardcore, compulsive buyer.

Topics…..
Scouting for Black Friday
Pressured malls
Cyber scouting deals
Public parking

Mall access according to wind... ”So it don't mess up hair!"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”