Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast Episodes 14 & 15 - Jake Vollink (Birddog00) and Justin Wright (Bowhunter4Life)

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast Episodes 14 & 15 - Jake Vollink (Birddog00) and Justin Wright (Bowhunter4Life)

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 am

Hey guys, I have two new episodes published.

Episode 14 - Jake Vollink
In today’s episode, we catch up with Jake Vollink. You may recognize the name from Jake’s many appearances on Midwest Whitetail’s Great Lakes Regional show. Jake is one of those guys who flies a bit under the radar, but is an absolute killer. Jake has taken several great bucks in his highly pressured home state of Michigan and he has also found consistent success on his archery deer hunts in Wyoming. In today’s podcast, Jake and I discuss his early season tactics in the west, early season tactics in Michigan, lessons learned from filming as a cameraman and as a self-filmer, we discuss social media, haters, and burnout. There are a lot of great takeaways from today’s episode, and I really enjoyed my conversation with Jake. Jake and I actually recorded this podcast about two weeks ago in late August, and since the recording, Jake actually shot a great early season buck in Wyoming, so congrats Jake, awesome buck!

Link for episode 14 https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/jake-vollink-hunting-big-bucks-mi-to-wy-episode-14-going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast/

Episode 15 - Justin Wright
In today’s episode, we catch up with Justin Wright. Justin is a returning guest previously featured on Episode 7. Justin is an incredibly humble guy, and back to share more knowledge about his tactics. Justin has been crushing big public land bucks consistently year after year. In this episode, we focus exclusively on the early season. Justin and I discuss how he makes time to fit deer hunting into his life with an extremely busy schedule, which includes a full-time job, a wife, and a young child and still manages to find consistent success on big deer. We cover the importance of in-season scouting, which is something that Justin seems to really have a gift for and we discuss the subtle clues that can tip Justin off to a big deer’s core area in the early season. We discuss trail camera placement for the early season. We also discuss Justin’s views on the impact of the weather on early season hunts and specifically, Justin has some interesting observations on how humidity impacts his decision to hunt or not. Finally, we discuss Justin’s goals for the upcoming season.

Link for episode 15 https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/justin-wright-early-season-deer-hunting-tips-episode-15-going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast/

oldrank

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast Episodes 14 & 15 - Jake Vollink (Birddog00) and Justin Wright (Bowhunter4Life)

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:14 am

Good stuff ... Im just trying to get my mind back into hunting mode. Had to shut it off for a bit. I have always respected BH4lifes game. He is a tactical guy. I'll put it on tomorrow on my drive to work. Thanks.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast Episodes 14 & 15 - Jake Vollink (Birddog00) and Justin Wright (Bowhunter4Life)

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am

Looking forward to these!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am

Enjoyed

I didn’t know who Jake was but as soon as the two buck hunt was brought up I was like oh yeah I remember that. What a hunt.

The thing that blew me away was when he talked about doing the Midwest whitetail thing. And how he did all that for basically nothing. A pro staff discount? ( maybe like Black Friday deals) Wow. That’s a lot of work for what you’re getting. And then to hear when he didn’t want to film his dads hunt out west (while they were on vacation from their jobs) Winke tells him “well it’s your job”

That realllly chapped my .

You get the feeling sometimes these YouTube hunting personalities just hunt and have fun for a living. It seems It’s not all that glorious.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:23 am

Good stuff!
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:17 am

Just listened to Justin's episode. Great stuff guys. Justin is my hero!
Make It Happen
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:44 am

Seaz when you release podcasts its the equivalent of my boss giving me an urgent "assignment" to complete! Ive gotta listen to them!!

All kidding aside, really looking forward to my drive tomorrow now that I can take these in!
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Well done. Great episodes.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:42 pm

oldrank wrote:Good stuff ... Im just trying to get my mind back into hunting mode. Had to shut it off for a bit. I have always respected BH4lifes game. He is a tactical guy. I'll put it on tomorrow on my drive to work. Thanks.

Shad, it's definitely time to switch the noodle to kill mode. I'm with you, BH4L gets it done! It was great talking to Jake too, he doesn't get as much press, but guy is stacking up good bucks like cord wood! Good luck this fall Shad!

greenhorndave wrote:Looking forward to these!

Thanks for listening Dave!

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:Enjoyed

I didn’t know who Jake was but as soon as the two buck hunt was brought up I was like oh yeah I remember that. What a hunt.

The thing that blew me away was when he talked about doing the Midwest whitetail thing. And how he did all that for basically nothing. A pro staff discount? ( maybe like Black Friday deals) Wow. That’s a lot of work for what you’re getting. And then to hear when he didn’t want to film his dads hunt out west (while they were on vacation from their jobs) Winke tells him “well it’s your job”

That realllly chapped my .

You get the feeling sometimes these YouTube hunting personalities just hunt and have fun for a living. It seems It’s not all that glorious.

I'm not going to lie, I was surprised by that part of the conversation, but then again, not surprised at all.

Won't be long and all the Michigan beasts will be unleashed!

westmichigander wrote:Good stuff!

Thanks for listening!

Swampbuck wrote:Just listened to Justin's episode. Great stuff guys. Justin is my hero!

Mine too :lol: ...but seriously...mine too.

Kokes wrote:Seaz when you release podcasts its the equivalent of my boss giving me an urgent "assignment" to complete! Ive gotta listen to them!!

All kidding aside, really looking forward to my drive tomorrow now that I can take these in!

Haha, thanks for listening man! We need to have a Canadaian beast on soon! Hint hunt

Dhoff wrote:Well done. Great episodes.

Thanks for listening!
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 am

All the episodes have been good. Glad to see the podcast on the apps now too(volume seems a little low compared to others but i can still hear it).
Heard Dan say on a W2H podcast how a lot of podcasts don't hunt beast style, so they ask a lot of the same questions.
This podcast is not one of those podcasts, a lot of good content.
Mario also does a good job on the HB podcast asking great questions and what follow up questions to ask.
I subscribed, hope ya get more exposure. I Look forward to hearing more.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:01 am

This is becoming my new fav podcast, I’m in the middle of # 14 right now. Keep up the good work sez!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:12 am

Another really good interview!

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”