Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 12 | Greg Litzinger | Mountains and Morning Hunts

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 12 | Greg Litzinger | Mountains and Morning Hunts

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:48 pm

In this episode, we welcome Greg Litzinger a.k.a the Bowhunting Fiend (a.k.a "mastermind" here on the beast). Greg hails from New Jersey and hunts some of the highest pressure ground to be found in the entire U.S. He’s gained a well-earned reputation as a guy who consistently puts down mature deer despite the challenges present in his home state. In this episode, we are joined by guest co-host, Tim Bunao. Greg, Tim, and I discuss treestand safety, Greg’s treestand accident, summer scouting, the new Spartan Forge program, Greg’s pack hunts for mountain whitetails, morning hunts—which are Greg’s bread and butter, and how Greg approaches continual improvement in his hunting endeavors.

Listen/Download @ Podbean (below) or most other major podcast platforms (except Apple...that's taking forever :lol: )

https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast-episode-12-greg-litzinger-mountains-and-morning-hunts/

Barn Pic.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 12 | Greg Litzinger | Mountains and Morning Hunts

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Should be a good one.

I can't seem to find your channel on Podcast Addict, but I might try another one.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Hookslinger
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 12 | Greg Litzinger | Mountains and Morning Hunts

Unread postby Hookslinger » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:32 pm

I have enjoyed listening to Greg on other podcasts. He is an interesting and funny guy. He is all about bed hunting but something interesting about him from my understanding is he much prefers morning hunts rather than evenings. Looking forward to this one.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:17 pm

greenhorndave wrote:Should be a good one.

I can't seem to find your channel on Podcast Addict, but I might try another one.

Hey Dave, thanks for letting me know my podcast wasn't available on Podcast Addict. I just put in a request to get on that platform and it looks like I should be on there within the next 24 hours :dance:

podcast addict.PNG

Hookslinger wrote:I have enjoyed listening to Greg on other podcasts. He is an interesting and funny guy. He is all about bed hunting but something interesting about him from my understanding is he much prefers morning hunts rather than evenings. Looking forward to this one.

We talk about morning hunts specifically, and how he sets up and access for morning hunts. Greg said he has killed something like 90% of his good bucks on a.m. hunts. Definitely interesting and a little different approach than Dan...but lots of similarities as well. Greg hunts lots of hills/mountains, and that terrain seems to lend itself a little better to morning bed ambush tactics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:56 pm

seazofcheeze wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:Should be a good one.

Hey Dave, thanks for letting me know my podcast wasn't available on Podcast Addict. I just put in a request to get on that platform and it looks like I should be on there within the next 24 hours :dance:

podcast addict.PNG

Hookslinger wrote:I have enjoyed listening to Greg on other podcasts. He is an interesting and funny guy. He is all about bed hunting but something interesting about him from my understanding is he much prefers morning hunts rather than evenings. Looking forward to this one.

We talk about morning hunts specifically, and how he sets up and access for morning hunts. Greg said he has killed something like 90% of his good bucks on a.m. hunts. Definitely interesting and a little different approach than Dan...but lots of similarities as well. Greg hunts lots of hills/mountains, and that terrain seems to lend itself a little better to morning bed ambush tactics.

:clap: :clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:15 am

Podcast Addict is live! Listened to the last episode on my way to/from scouting. Enjoyed it and it’s nice to have them all in one place for my podcast subscriptions. Thanks for doing that,
----------
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Glad to see this is on podbean now. Halfway through the first one and glad I gave it a go. I was kinda burned out on hunting podcasts for more of the spring and summer and this one is a breath of fresh air
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:26 pm

bigbuckhunter88 wrote:Glad to see this is on podbean now. Halfway through the first one and glad I gave it a go. I was kinda burned out on hunting podcasts for more of the spring and summer and this one is a breath of fresh air

Voted 73rd best hunting podcast in the DIY category :lol:

On a more serious note, thanks for checking it out, and I'm glad some people are enjoying it. 8-)
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:09 pm

seazofcheeze wrote:
bigbuckhunter88 wrote:Glad to see this is on podbean now. Halfway through the first one and glad I gave it a go. I was kinda burned out on hunting podcasts for more of the spring and summer and this one is a breath of fresh air

On a more serious note, thanks for checking it out, and I'm glad some people are enjoying it. 8-)

I usually listen on YouTube. Does a different platform benefit you more? I would switch.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:00 am

I really enjoy Greg's content. I started checking his vids out about 5 years ago and he was sporadic with his stuff but when it came out I always looked forward to it. I hunt really similar ground being pretty close by one another. He has a really good analytical approach. Definitely someone I would bounce stuff off of and hunt with.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:41 am

Dhoff wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:

I usually listen on YouTube. Does a different platform benefit you more? I would switch.

The main benefit of other platforms vs youtube is you can download the audio to your phone vs. streaming on youtube.

Bigburner wrote:I really enjoy Greg's content. I started checking his vids out about 5 years ago and he was sporadic with his stuff but when it came out I always looked forward to it. I hunt really similar ground being pretty close by one another. He has a really good analytical approach. Definitely someone I would bounce stuff off of and hunt with.

Yea, Greg definitely seems to have a handle on tackling the northeast. Great resource in general but especially so for guys hunting the east coast.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:20 pm

seazofcheeze wrote:
Dhoff wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:

The main benefit of other platforms vs youtube is you can download the audio to your phone vs. streaming on youtube.

Bigburner wrote:I really enjoy Greg's content. I started checking his vids out about 5 years ago and he was sporadic with his stuff but when it came out I always looked forward to it. I hunt really similar ground being pretty close by one another. He has a really good analytical approach. Definitely someone I would bounce stuff off of and hunt with.

Yea, Greg definitely seems to have a handle on tackling the northeast. Great resource in general but especially so for guys hunting the east coast.

But do you receive better compensation one way or another? Either from the platform or from sponsors? I believe that is what he was referring to

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”