Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 11 | Tim Bunao | 2 Years of Lessons Learned Hunting the West

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 11 | Tim Bunao | 2 Years of Lessons Learned Hunting the West

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:33 pm

My Podcast is now available on MOST podcast platforms.I should be on Google, Amazon, Spotify, Podbean, iHeart Radio, and Listen notes. I am still working on Apple (long approval process) and Stitcher. Big thanks to Uncle Lou who helped make that happen, thanks Lou and Stealth Outdoors!!!

Me and Tim talk lessons learned from two years hunting the west as transplants from the East and Midwest. For those of you that don't know, Tim is a die-hard archery hunter originally from upstate New York who now calls Montana home. He also happens to be my elk hunting partner and an all around great dude. In this episode, Tim and I recap our lessons learned from our first two seasons hunting in the west. We discuss our pre-conceptions of what we thought hunting in the west would be like and what it has actually turned out to be like. We cover lessons learned on whitetail, mule deer, antelope, and elk. We also discuss how our gear has evolved, what we now throw in our packs and gear we wouldn’t want to live without. For anyone planning their first western hunt, you won’t want to miss this episode.

https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast-episode-11-tim-bunao-2-years-of-lessons-learned-hunting-the-west/

Dhoff
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 11 | Tim Bunao | 2 Years of Lessons Learned Hunting the West

Unread postby Dhoff » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:08 am

:clap:
tbunao
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast | Episode 11 | Tim Bunao | 2 Years of Lessons Learned Hunting the West

Unread postby tbunao » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:11 pm

Ya know! This was a fun talk and first in studio recording for me. Looking forward to kicking off the season in just a few days! Thanks for the invite and keep up the awesome work!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 am

Hey, I’ll look for it and subscribe. I did listen on YT and y’all did good. You covered a lot of ground, but it was a great overview. :clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Will be giving this a listen tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:12 am

You guys did a great job, I enjoyed listning
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:37 am

38 minutes in. So far so good!

I can wholeheartedly agree with Tim’s recommendations for western gear: good boots and pack. I’ve hunted with blistered feet and also a cheap pack that didn’t fit me well.

Being uncomfortable is the #1 thing that will drive morale down. Low morale means low confidence and crappy attitude.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 am

Lockdown wrote:38 minutes in. So far so good!

I can wholeheartedly agree with Tim’s recommendations for western gear: good boots and pack. I’ve hunted with blistered feet and also a cheap pack that didn’t fit me well.

Being uncomfortable is the #1 thing that will drive morale down. Low morale means low confidence and crappy attitude.

Agree 100%. Success on a western hunt is often a result of two things, miles walked and perseverance. Pretty hard to pile on the miles with broken down feet.
PredatoronthePrairie

Unread postby PredatoronthePrairie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 am

Just hit the follow button.

Love a good podcast, but recently most have been the same old chit. Hope you keep it fresh. Excided to hear a new perspective.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:06 am

PredatoronthePrairie wrote:Just hit the follow button.

Love a good podcast, but recently most have been the same old chit. Hope you keep it fresh. Excided to hear a new perspective.

Thanks for listening and following. I'm definitely going to do my best to keep it fresh. I found myself wishing a bunch of hosts would ask more follow-up/probing questions, so that's what I'm focusing on.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:13 am

seazofcheeze wrote:

Thanks for listening and following. I'm definitely going to do my best to keep it fresh. I found myself wishing a bunch of hosts would ask more follow-up/probing questions, so that's what I'm focusing on.

Follow up questions are where it’s at. Details details!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:32 am

seazofcheeze wrote:

Southern Outdoorsmen are masters of the follow-up. Makes a podcast so much more informative.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”