Southern Outdoorsmen with PK, part 2

• Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Southern Outdoorsmen with PK, part 2

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:52 am

Second podcast with PK. Check out the Southern Outdoorsmen site for the previous one. Definitely worth it.

Looking forward to this one...

1452.jpg

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/tr ... -id=701134
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
live2hunt

Re: Southern Outdoorsmen with PK, part 2

Unread postby live2hunt » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:01 am

Listened to this today. It was great. Tried to listen to 1st episode but I assume my phone screwed up the download and it was a guy from Oklahoma? Not sure how that worked but can’t wait to listen to 1st episode
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:46 am

I’m about halfway through and I have two things that stood out.

One, thinking about what a property is like during gun season. The leaves are off, where the pressure comes from and where it might lessen, etc. Very good way to think about a property.

Two, is that my approach and thought process when I look for things isn’t far off. I’m considering a lot of the same factors in similar ways. That’s good. Now, I still suck at it, but at least I hope I’m on the right track.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:23 pm

greenhorndave wrote:I’m about halfway through and I have two things that stood out.

One, thinking about what a property is like during gun season. The leaves are off, where the pressure comes from and where it might lessen, etc. Very good way to think about a property.

Two, is that my approach and thought process when I look for things isn’t far off. I’m considering a lot of the same factors in similar ways. That’s good. Now, I still suck at it, but at least I hope I’m on the right track.

Well I appreciate it sir. Sometimes I feel it’s very hard for me to get what is in my head out into a sentence or idea that might make sense to others. So I am glad you are finding some takeaways.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 pm

Schools in secession! Outstanding PK. Thank you.

Two things that stood out in the podcast that I’ve seen And can correlate.

1) I typically don’t see bucks without does somewhere in the same area. I see more activity in pockets of deer. In my area.

2) Brushy Property lines are dynamite. I’ve seen lots of deer and bigger deer using isolated property lines that humans don’t travel. If you can hunt them accordingly they are very good.

Favorite tip I got from podcast was that nugget about using a buck grunt when the does start blowing and posturing. Never really thought about does blowing at a buck. Excellent tip I will try that next time I’m caught in that scenario!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:01 am

I really enjoyed this one and gotta say that the southern outdoorsman podcast has become my favorite whitetail podcast out there over the last year. Reminds me a lot of the early days of wired to hunt where Mark was still just absorbing everything he could about whitetail tactics and hadn't achieved consistent success yet, and thus asked a lot of really great questions (not saying he doesn't now, just that you can tell he has taken his deer hunting to the next level and thats reflected in his questions so they're less relatable than they used to be) that all of us have. If you guys are reading, please keep up the great work!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:49 am

Yep. It’s the Gold Standard of hunting podcasts as far as I’m concerned.
----------
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am

Congrats man!

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”