Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 9 - John Eberhart

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 9 - John Eberhart

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon May 10, 2021 3:17 pm

In today’s episode, we welcome one of the most recognizable and accomplished names in bowhunting, John Eberhart. John is a life-long bowhunter, who has bagged 50 record book caliber whitetails from 32 different properties. In this episode we focus the importance of getting organized. We move on to early season setups, John’s favorite early season calling technique, using pre-season scouting to identify high odds early season locations, and how John killed his biggest buck ever by making a well-timed move. This is part 1 in what will be a two-part series.

https://youtu.be/WJ3tuTViS8M

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 9 - John Eberhart

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:45 am

Ewww... Can’t wait til episode 10! :D
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Ewww... Can’t wait til episode 10! :D

:lol: The joke is on you! John will be back on episode 10 for part 2 of this interview!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:15 am

Just busting your chops cheddar! I’m positive the Michiganites will be all over it.
-John Wayne-
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed May 12, 2021 10:35 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Just busting your chops cheddar! I’m positive the Michiganites will be all over it.

I don't know, I posted a link on Archery Talk, and there were a few not so complementary comments. John is a polarizing figure, much like Trump. People seem to love him or hate him, and not a lot of in between. I have a soft spot, because reading John's books (prior to me finding the Beast forum) helped me get on the right track as a hunter. I don't agree with everything he says, but I could say that for every single hunter I know. With that said, I don't discriminate, I will listen to ANYBODY that's having success DIY and within the law.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:55 am

And just for the record what state are you from? :lol: Sure wish the hunting industry had to follow all other rules and regulations about announcing affiliations...Suspect a lot of hunters would have a different outlook
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed May 12, 2021 11:10 am

I’m interested in what John has to say. Anybody that has killed that many bucks gets my attention. I suspect he has a lot more in common with Beast style hunters than most of us including John himself even know.

I might not agree with the Scent Lok stuff but doesn’t mean I won’t listen to the rest of his years of knowledge and experience. I’m always willing to learn something.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:29 am

Michigander hear eager to listen, and for the record I would be eager to listen to a podcast with boogie also. :lol:
I’ll take every tid bit of knowledge there is.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed May 12, 2021 11:52 am

Dewey wrote:I’m interested in what John has to say. Anybody that has killed that many bucks gets my attention. I suspect he has a lot more in common with Beast style hunters than most of us including John himself even know.

I might not agree with the Scent Lok stuff but doesn’t mean I won’t listen to the rest of his years of knowledge and experience. I’m always willing to learn something.

:clap: Agreed
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Upatreeinwv

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Wed May 12, 2021 10:03 pm

I listened to it. I'm a John fan to an extent. I will say, if I had people tipping me off where the big bucks are, I'd probably do a lot better. That seems like the hardest part is locating a buck of a caliber to shoot.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri May 14, 2021 2:21 am

That was the best podcast I’ve heard with Eberhart for getting in depth. Looking foward to part 2
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Fri May 14, 2021 4:07 am

Great podcast Seaz. Always enjoy your content! Eberhart is definitely a good guy to have on there. He is brash and gets a lot of flack from the public, but he is what he is and sticks to it. Any accomplished hunter will have critics- Dan included. Same goes for business, sports, politics. I just respect the fact the he (and dan) stay their course and stick to their beliefs and what works for them.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Fri May 14, 2021 4:16 am

I really liked this podcast. Sounds like John has alot of the same tactics as Dan other then his insane scent control. Nobody can deny his success. The only thing I don't care for is how he constantly has to remind everyone about his record bucks. Even with that I still learn alot listening to him.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”