Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 7 - Bowhunter4life

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 7 - Bowhunter4life

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:04 pm

This was a really fun episode. Big thanks to Justin for carving out some time to participate! I got to ask a lot of the questions requested by Beast Nation, and quite a few I had in mind as well. A ton of takeaways for me. The more of these I do, and the more I gain experience as a hunter, the more I think in-season scouting is possibly the biggest piece of the puzzle (or maybe the biggest piece I was missing early on :think: ). In my opinion, Justin is probably one of the best examples of a hunter capitalizing on in-season scouting, and I tried to dig deep into what he looks for and why. I'd appreciate any feedback, still really green at the whole podcast thing and looking to keep improving.

https://youtu.be/8HA1HqgGcQU

Moose
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 7 - Bowhunter4life

Unread postby Moose » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:41 am

I have enjoyed all your podcasts. I like how you interact with beast memebers for questions to ask. I always learn something. Thanks for taking the time to do the podcasts and keep up the good work!!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:55 am

This should be GOLD. Can’t wait to tune in!!
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:58 am

Just finished. This was great! I love hearing from guys and finding out I'm mirroring a lot of what they are doing to find success in finding your own way with your set of circumstances.
Thanks Justin and thanks Jeremy. Always worth the time to listen.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:08 am

I'll have to give this one a listen!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:46 am

I’m kinda burned out by podcasts these days coming from every direction but this one definitely went to the top of my list.

I always appreciate how humble Justin is and how he quietly just gets it done without all the hype. Very refreshing. 8-)
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 am

seazofcheeze wrote:This was a really fun episode. Big thanks to Justin for carving out some time to participate! I got to ask a lot of the questions requested by Beast Nation, and quite a few I had in mind as well. A ton of takeaways for me. The more of these I do, and the more I gain experience as a hunter, the more I think in-season scouting is possibly the biggest piece of the puzzle (or maybe the biggest piece I was missing early on :think: ). In my opinion, Justin is probably one of the best examples of a hunter capitalizing on in-season scouting, and I tried to dig deep into what he looks for and why. I'd appreciate any feedback, still really green at the whole podcast thing and looking to keep improving.

https://youtu.be/8HA1HqgGcQU

I’m about to listen to this one, but you do a really good job. Very well prepared and it shows.

One other great podcast to listen to is the Southern Outdoorsman. Their true strength is follow-up questions from what a guest says. They do a great job of breaking down the little nuggets that the guests drop in their answers.

But I’m going to listen to this one now. ;)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:51 am

Great job on the podcast, a lot of great tips and tactics that I need to implement now and through this fall.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:49 am

Moose wrote:I have enjoyed all your podcasts. I like how you interact with beast memebers for questions to ask. I always learn something. Thanks for taking the time to do the podcasts and keep up the good work!!

Thanks Moose, I'm trying to put out something worth listening to, and asking the kinds I think will be interesting to Beast members and myself as well.

Bigburner wrote:Just finished. This was great! I love hearing from guys and finding out I'm mirroring a lot of what they are doing to find success in finding your own way with your set of circumstances.
Thanks Justin and thanks Jeremy. Always worth the time to listen.

Thanks for checking it out Erich. Unfortunately, I think the content of the next episode will be old news to you.

Tim H wrote:I'll have to give this one a listen!

8-)

Dewey wrote:I’m kinda burned out by podcasts these days coming from every direction but this one definitely went to the top of my list.

I always appreciate how humble Justin is and how he quietly just gets it done without all the hype. Very refreshing. 8-)

Yea, I'm probably late to the party, but oh well. My M.O. has pretty much always been to do whatever I feel like, good, bad, or otherwise. I'm extremely biased, but I think this episode is definitely worth a listen.

greenhorndave wrote:I’m about to listen to this one, but you do a really good job. Very well prepared and it shows.

One other great podcast to listen to is the Southern Outdoorsman. Their true strength is follow-up questions from what a guest says. They do a great job of breaking down the little nuggets that the guests drop in their answers.

But I’m going to listen to this one now. ;)

Great point, I'm a pretty nervous speaker, hence all the preparation, but the on-the-fly follow-up questions definitely add a lot to the discussion. I've been trying to incorporate more ad-libbing in the last two episodes.

BRoth82 wrote:Great job on the podcast, a lot of great tips and tactics that I need to implement now and through this fall.

Thanks for checking it out. I definitely took a few things away to try out this fall.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 pm

I just saw this was up today. Big fan of Justin's (what a BEAST), and really like what you are doing as well. Will try to tune in tomorrow.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:12 am

Well done. You always seem to ask follow up questions while im thinking them myself in my head. Justin just really seems to hit pause and really evaluate situations efficiently and make the right next moves. When he posts anything or talks listen. I really like these podcasts. They are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to both you guys.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 am

Great podcast!
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks guys, I enjoyed talking with Jeremy, he had some good & tough questions. Really had me thinking and I always enjoy talking deer!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:37 am

8-)

Tagged for later
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:59 am

Another great interview! Thanks to both of you. I never thought of just walking directly to the low points on a field edge to check for big tracks...very efficient!

As far as critiquing, the sound quality on Justin's end was distracting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”