Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 7 - Bowhunter4life

• Advertisement

HB Store

MichiganMike
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 7 - Bowhunter4life

Unread postby MichiganMike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:46 am

Great job guys! Another great podcast with some great info! Great way to wind down after a long work day. (maybe with an adult beverage and Spring Training baseball on TV to boot).
Last edited by MichiganMike on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigbucks1234

Unread postby bigbucks1234 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:48 am

Great podcast seaz,,, a great round of questions and follow up questions. Seemed like you were reading my mind when it came to the follow up questions.
Justin,,, you said your Illinois buck was within 10 yards of busting you. Did you go in there blind?? If so are you working the milkweed on your way in to see the absolute farthest you can push in?? Or was your setup a gut feeling like you also talked about??
Thanks guy's!!!
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:14 am

Dhoff wrote:Well done. You always seem to ask follow up questions while im thinking them myself in my head. Justin just really seems to hit pause and really evaluate situations efficiently and make the right next moves. When he posts anything or talks listen. I really like these podcasts. They are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to both you guys.

Couldn't agree more, I was really excited Justin agreed to be a guest. Super nice guy with a wealth of knowledge, and experience.

Thanks for listening! Glad to hear I am asking the right kinds of follow-up questions, that is something I am still trying to improve upon. Hopefully these will continue to get better the more practice I get.

Hawthorne wrote:Great podcast!

Thanks my man!

Jackson Marsh wrote:8-)

Tagged for later

8-)

KLEMZ wrote:Another great interview! Thanks to both of you. I never thought of just walking directly to the low points on a field edge to check for big tracks...very efficient!

As far as critiquing, the sound quality on Justin's end was distracting.

Yea, I apologize for that. I am recording via cell phone on the guest's end (really the only viable option, unless the guest has their own home studio), and the quality of the calls can vary widely based on signal, phone model, etc. I didn't think the audio quality was as bad as it was when listening in realtime, but when I got to editing, I knew it was definitely an issue. I fixed it up as best I could using some plugins in the recording software, but it still left a lot to be desired. I'll definitely try to do better going forward. I appreciate the honest feedback.

MichiganMike wrote:Great job guys! Another great podcast with some great info! Great way to wind down after a long work day. (maybe with an adult beverage and Spring Training baseball on TV to boot).

Thanks for listening Mike!

bigbucks1234 wrote:Great podcast seaz,,, a great round of questions and follow up questions. Seemed like you were reading my mind when it came to the follow up questions.
Justin,,, you said your Illinois buck was within 10 yards of busting you. Did you go in there blind?? If so are you working the milkweed on your way in to see the absolute farthest you can push in?? Or was your setup a gut feeling like you also talked about??
Thanks guy's!!!

Thanks for listening! Hopefully Justin will see your question and provide an answer.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am

Good podcast. I really enjoyed it. Plenty of great questions asked. Hit all the points I was hoping to hear.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 am

I'm not going to miss this one. Sounds like good conversation going on.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:04 am

bigbucks1234 wrote:Great podcast seaz,,, a great round of questions and follow up questions. Seemed like you were reading my mind when it came to the follow up questions.
Thanks guy's!!!

Actually just two days before I killed that buck I was scouting through that area and jumped what I believe was that buck. I can say that for sure cause I didn’t see the deer but the sign in and around there looked like that of a mature animal. So I looked the area over pretty good and came back in on it when the wind was right. It was good for the spot but it also played slightly to the bucks advantage too which is why if I hadn’t of shot him where I did he would have certainly busted me in another 10-15 ish yards. That has been the case on a lot of mature deer I’ve shot, have to kill them just yards before they bust you. From my experience, often if they don’t have that wind somewhat to their advantage, depending on time of the year, they won’t move far as much in daylight.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 am

As far as critiquing, the sound quality on Justin's end was distracting.[/quote]

Yea, I apologize for that. I am recording via cell phone on the guest's end (really the only viable option, unless the guest has their own home studio), and the quality of the calls can vary widely based on signal, phone model, etc. I didn't think the audio quality was as bad as it was when listening in realtime, but when I got to editing, I knew it was definitely an issue. I fixed it up as best I could using some plugins in the recording software, but it still left a lot to be desired. I'll definitely try to do better going forward. I appreciate the honest feedback.

Sorry for that, didn’t realize it was bad on my end and that could of been from the ear buds I was wearing to do the podcast through. The speaker on my phone is not easy to hear through so I used the ear buds and that could have been the issue.
JP BowHunter

Unread postby JP BowHunter » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:29 am

I’m new to listening to podcasts, but I have found them enjoyable on my commute to and from work. I seem to be having trouble finding this podcast on Apple podcasts. Am I searching wrong? I’ve just been searching “going 4 broke”.
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Great job on the podcast! Justin is about as consistent as taxes with laying down hammers every year!
Make It Happen
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:08 am

Fantastic interview. As far as tactics go that is one of the best

Congrats BH4L!
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:25 am

<DK> wrote:Fantastic interview. As far as tactics go that is one of the best

Congrats BH4L!

You'll be real happy to hear BH4L will be on again very soon! Actually recorded, I just have to finish editing and post it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:49 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
<DK> wrote:Fantastic interview. As far as tactics go that is one of the best

Congrats BH4L!

You'll be real happy to hear BH4L will be on again very soon! Actually recorded, I just have to finish editing and post it.

:handgestures-thumbup:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”