Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 5 - Duane Diefenbach - PSU Research Biologist & GPS Collar Studies

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 5 - Duane Diefenbach - PSU Research Biologist & GPS Collar Studies

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:16 am

In this episode I'm joined by Duane Diefenbach, Penn State University Research Biologist. We discuss deer capture methods, deer home ranges and how they evolve during the course of the hunting season, how deer respond to hunter pressure during Pennsylvania’s rifle season, nocturnal bucks, how temperature, wind, and rain affect deer movement, adult buck survival rates on public lands, aging deer, and the impact of Chronic Wasting Disease.

https://youtu.be/k8VcqKxn3tw

I also want to thank Dan for allowing me to post the podcast episodes here.

Scott S

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 5 - Duane Diefenbach - PSU Research Biologist & GPS Collar Studies

Unread postby Scott S » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 am

I'll be listening in T-minus 12 minutes. Thanks again, Seaz
oldrank

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 5 - Duane Diefenbach - PSU Research Biologist & GPS Collar Studies

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:30 am

Listened today at lunch at 1.75 speed. Haha !!! Finished it. Great stuff, maybe my favorite yet. Seriously though these have all been good. I like the change up.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 pm

I enjoyed it. Sure, he wasn’t a beast perspective.. but there’s always valuable info to take away from conversations like this and you did well trying to get the info that beasts would be after..
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Good podcasts, lots of good info for PA hunters and general hunting public. A lot mirrors what I've seen over 40+ years. Kind of disagree about hunters not needing to know browse just acorns, in late fall, I've killed way to many bucks eating locust pods. But all in all telemetry studies offer insight and perspective few of us can get on our own. Key take away for me is reaffirming what Ive always believed, it takes a lot to move a buck from his core area.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 am

Listened to this one yesterday. Very informative and props for having your ducks in a row and research done ahead of time Seaz! It was evident you were well prepared.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:25 am

I haven’t listened yet, but I think that’s a great choice. Hunting tactics are great, but deer behavior is the key to it all.

PS - Seaz... is there any way you can put these up in a podcast feed? It’s not a huge deal, but I forget that my screen has to be on about 5 times a podcast when it’s on Youtube. :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”