Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 3 - Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 3 - Dan Infalt

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:15 am

In this podcast we discuss Dan's influences, some bucks that were lucky enough to elude the Big Buck Serial Killer himself (and what he would do differently now), how to determine if a bedding area with little sign is worth hunting, detailed kill examples, what Dan plans to do different this year, and Dan’s legacy on the hunting community.

Also, a big thanks to Dan for taking time out of his busy schedule to talk to me.

https://youtu.be/dKg4CMe9qZQ

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 3 - Dan Infalt

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 am

this was a fun conversation...
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:46 am

Just finished this up and it was fantastic. Dan thanks for taking the time and Jeremy thanks for getting the man on there. This one for sure had me saying to myself,” I have a ton of work to do “. Always a fountain of really tangible info. Gave me an incredible amount of drive goiNg into the season. I really liked the discussion about timing. I definitely think it’s something that gets overlooked based on so many assumption we make in our heads after we find bedding. That heavy sign in certain times of the year can lead you down a rabbit hole and some great tips on cracking that where and when aspect. Especially with the rut beds. Really really great stuff!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am

Good episode. I found it nice to here you talk about the big woods September food sources. The orange flowering plant i always called it jewel weed. Whats kinda interesting to about the jewel weed is there tends to be less Mosquitoes Around in them areas.

The daylight activity with mature bucks I also think has more to due with less daytime human intrusion and more night time predator encounters.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:40 am

:clap:
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 pm

This was a fun podcast. Thanks!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pm

This was a fun podcast to listen to. I know many times, when guys get a podcast opportunity with Dan, questioning is typically the same

Jeremy I think you’re really doing a good Job with your podcast! Im glad you decided to get into doing these :clap:

Dan I know so many guys say thank you. I hope you know that there are a lot of hunters that your help, willingness to share, and information has changed the way guys hunt. Myself included!

It would be fun to know how many bucks have fallen due to your shared knowledge!

Thanks to you guys for putting this together :clap:
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Findian wrote:Good episode. I found it nice to here you talk about the big woods September food sources. The orange flowering plant i always called it jewel weed. Whats kinda interesting to about the jewel weed is there tends to be less Mosquitoes Around in them areas.

The daylight activity with mature bucks I also think has more to due with less daytime human intrusion and more night time predator encounters.

I was out messing with cameras today and came across a well browsed area of jewel weed and nettles...seemed to prefer the jewel weed more. Even used jewel weed to fix the nettles sting on my wrists :lol:
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Really great podcast. Deep dive into some new and old stories with fine details.

I see the same thing regarding the orange flowering plant. They mow them down in August and September.

Thanks for putting in the work for this content!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:33 pm

That was a great listen. Well done
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Well I know what I am listening to in the shop today.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 pm

About 1/2 done. Great so far !!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:11 am

Getting a discussion going with someone who understands the tactics, understands me, and understands what the listeners wants, makes for a great podcast.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:45 am

dan wrote:this was a fun conversation...

I agree Dan, thanks for taking the time to chat.

Bigburner wrote:Just finished this up and it was fantastic. Dan thanks for taking the time and Jeremy thanks for getting the man on there. This one for sure had me saying to myself,”I have a ton of work to do “. Always a fountain of really tangible info. Gave me an incredible amount of drive goiNg into the season. I really liked the discussion about timing. I definitely think it’s something that gets overlooked based on so many assumption we make in our heads after we find bedding. That heavy sign in certain times of the year can lead you down a rabbit hole and some great tips on cracking that where and when aspect. Especially with the rut beds. Really really great stuff!

I agree with all of the above, but especially the red text. I always feel like there is so much work left to do/experience to gain. I also feel like Dan dropped some really good details on things to look for while spring scouting to help narrow down the optimal time to hunt a bed the following fall.

Findian wrote:Good episode. I found it nice to here you talk about the big woods September food sources. The orange flowering plant i always called it jewel weed. Whats kinda interesting to about the jewel weed is there tends to be less Mosquitoes Around in them areas.

Thanks for listening and the feedback. I did some Googling, and it appears Findian is right, the plan Dan mentions is probably Jewelweed. QDMA had an article about browse and they mentioned it as a preferred plant, and Dan and others have seen it firsthand. Keep an eye out for Jewelweed from now on!

Tennhunter3 wrote::clap:

:dance:

Moose wrote:This was a fun podcast. Thanks!

Thanks for listening! I am having fun putting these together. I have been joking around (but its half true) that I started a podcast, so I had an excuse to call all of these great hunters and pick their brains.

backstraps wrote:This was a fun podcast to listen to. I know many times, when guys get a podcast opportunity with Dan, questioning is typically the same

Jeremy I think you’re really doing a good Job with your podcast! Im glad you decided to get into doing these :clap:

Dan I know so many guys say thank you. I hope you know that there are a lot of hunters that your help, willingness to share, and information has changed the way guys hunt. Myself included!

It would be fun to know how many bucks have fallen due to your shared knowledge!

Thanks to you guys for putting this together :clap:

Thanks for checking it out. I was a little apprehensive to ask Dan to be a guest, but somehow, the man always seems to find time to help out other hunters, even with what is obviously a very busy schedule.

Jackson Marsh wrote:

I was out messing with cameras today and came across a well browsed area of jewel weed and nettles...seemed to prefer the jewel weed more. Even used jewel weed to fix the nettles sting on my wrists :lol:

JM thanks for bringing this up. I had never heard of Jewelweed prior to this podcast, but I will be looking for it in the future.

RatMe wrote:Really great podcast. Deep dive into some new and old stories with fine details.

I see the same thing regarding the orange flowering plant. They mow them down in August and September.

Thanks for putting in the work for this content!

Thanks for listening!

Hawthorne wrote:That was a great listen. Well done

Thanks for listening!

Uncle Lou wrote:Well I know what I am listening to in the shop today.

oldrank wrote:About 1/2 done. Great so far !!!

dan wrote:Getting a discussion going with someone who understands the tactics, understands me, and understands what the listeners wants, makes for a great podcast.

The Beast members suggested a lot of good questions that I included in the outline, so thanks again to anyone who took the time to suggest a question.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:01 am

:think: :think: :think: :clap: :clap: :clap: 8-) 8-)
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”