Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 3 - Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 3 - Dan Infalt

Unread postby NorthStar » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
NorthStar wrote:This entire episode was good. The last 12 minutes or so was very good!

I try to listen to dan stuff, but only made it to about the first hour. Didn't finish yet. What was in the last 12 minutes that was so good?

Now I have to finish

There was a question about what legacy Dan will leave behind and I liked the positive and inspirational answers he gave.

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 am

Lockdown wrote:“The younger guys can’t imagine wasting a day (observing or scouting) but that day will help you in the long run.”

I couldn’t agree with this more. Once I put learning as priority #1, my success went way up. That’s why I mentioned answering your questions 3-4 different times in my podcast.

Do not at any cost, sit back and wonder. FIGURE IT OUT TODAY.

Great podcast so far!

Agree 100%. Sooner rather than later.

Thetacorocker wrote:It was a great "listen".. I Really enjoyed it. Dan is a pretty easy guy to listen to. I'm mostly a small private land hunter in Clark county. I enjoy doing super small time farming (food plots). However, no matter where you hunt, Dan's info is very helpful. There is some application regardless of where one hunts. I hope to learn my own land better, and figure out exactly where these deer sleep on my property. At some time, I would like to know if Dan and Dave try to manipulate their farm at all for deer hunting. While Dan finds 3 days scouting to be as enjoyable as hunting, I find 3 days manipulating the land to be that joy. And of course still scouting. Thanks

Thanks for listening!

bigredneck61088 wrote:Great listen! Dan podcasts are my favorite for my work commute

Thanks for the feedback!

Scott S wrote:Been waiting for this one. Thanks as always, Gents.

Scott, thanks for checking out the podcast!

NorthStar wrote:This entire episode was good. The last 12 minutes or so was very good!

I think Dan will have an impact and legacy far beyond what imagines, but I wanted to ask him, from his perspective, what he hoped his legacy would be. I think he is on the right track to ensure his vision becomes a reality, if it hasn't already.

Huntress13 wrote:So, I don't normally listen to podcasts. But I listened to this one, and it was really good. Thank you!

Thanks for checking it out! Also, if you'd still like to sign up for my subscriber list on my website visit https://going4brokeoutdoors.com/contact/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. There's are three boxes to enter your name and email. I think I have the bugs worked out now. I'll be announcing another giveaway here shortly and only people on the mailing list will be eligible to win.

Uncle Lou wrote:

I try to listen to dan stuff, but only made it to about the first hour. Didn't finish yet. What was in the last 12 minutes that was so good?

Now I have to finish

You better wear your headset so the misses doesn't have to listen to that same podcast again :lol:
Scott S

Unread postby Scott S » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:55 am

"Scott, thanks for checking out the podcast!"

Thank you for making it. I'm subscribed and will be listening to every episode. Far superior to most hunting podcasts IMO.
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 am

Scott S wrote:"Scott, thanks for checking out the podcast!"

Thank you for making it. I'm subscribed and will be listening to every episode. Far superior to most hunting podcasts IMO.

I couldn't agree more. You can definitely pick up on the amount of prep work that goes into this but it also has a good mix of improvisation. I also appreciate the hosts ability to slow the conversation down and dive deeper into topics when it makes sense. There is something definitely unique about this podcast and I really hope it continues!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:25 am

NorthStar wrote:
Scott S wrote:"Scott, thanks for checking out the podcast!"

I couldn't agree more. You can definitely pick up on the amount of prep work that goes into this but it also has a good mix of improvisation. I also appreciate the hosts ability to slow the conversation down and dive deeper into topics when it makes sense. There is something definitely unique about this podcast and I really hope it continues!

Agree
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:50 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:So, I don't normally listen to podcasts. But I listened to this one, and it was really good. Thank you!

Thanks for checking it out! Also, if you'd still like to sign up for my subscriber list on my website visit https://going4brokeoutdoors.com/contact/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. There's are three boxes to enter your name and email. I think I have the bugs worked out now. I'll be announcing another giveaway here shortly and only people on the mailing list will

See if you got me. I got a success message on the website, but I didn’t get any confirm email like you sometimes do, and I don't know if it was supposed to auto generate one. :D
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:53 am

Huntress13 wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:

Thanks for checking it out! Also, if you'd still like to sign up for my subscriber list on my website visit https://going4brokeoutdoors.com/contact/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. There's are three boxes to enter your name and email. I think I have the bugs worked out now. I'll be announcing another giveaway here shortly and only people on the mailing list will

See if you got me. I got a success message on the website, but I didn’t get any confirm email like you sometimes do, and I don't know if it was supposed to auto generate one. :D

It looks like you are subscribed to the list, thanks! I turned off the auto-generate email, because I don't want to be spamming people, but maybe I should re-enable that. I'll probably send 2 emails a month max. I don't like spam or sites that email me every day (Midway USA :lol: ) so I am going to avoid that.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:01 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:

It looks like you are subscribed to the list, thanks! I turned off the auto-generate email, because I don't want to be spamming people, but maybe I should re-enable that. I'll probably send 2 emails a month max. I don't like spam or sites that email me every day (Midway USA :lol: ) so I am going to avoid that.

I hear ya. Maybe just a welcome, and say you normally will just send a couple a month?
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:11 am

Thumbs up Boys!
Or should I say Beastie Boys!
Lol
I really enjoyed it.
The Rut beds has me reeling/racking my brain. Wishing I had better journaling.

Also had to smile at the “Legacy” question!
Poor Danny felt a little uncomfortable at first.

But boy....once he found his footing, we did really get to hear his true legacy. Not what it’s going to be....!

Nice job on the pause to get that out!

Super fun listen for those of us who’ve been around!

Thanks!
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:29 am

There was something briefly mentioned that I remembered I wanted to ask about.

The difference between "sneaking in" and just walking in. Can someone expand on that? When would you sneak and when would you just walk? And are the deer going to act different if it's an area they are used to people walking around? So if you are scouting, you just walk and bump them to find out where they are, but if you are hunting, you sneak in to set up?
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:06 pm

Glad I saw this thread as I've been searching the podcast app I use, Stitcher, for your channel. I'll check them out on YouTube in the short term, but I would certainly be more apt to not miss any on the app. I look forward to catching up
Not all those who wander are lost...
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Huntress13 wrote:There was something briefly mentioned that I remembered I wanted to ask about.

The difference between "sneaking in" and just walking in. Can someone expand on that? When would you sneak and when would you just walk? And are the deer going to act different if it's an area they are used to people walking around? So if you are scouting, you just walk and bump them to find out where they are, but if you are hunting, you sneak in to set up?

I sneak when I think sneaking will work, but if I think a deer is going to notice me, I think they freak out if the catch you sneaking.... Kind of think of it like if you were out for a hike a nd saw a mountain lion casually walking past you... Might make you uncomfortable? Might make you hide and let it pass, but if it was crouched down and sneaking towards you, you might take it a little more serious.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:20 am

dan wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:There was something briefly mentioned that I remembered I wanted to ask about.

I sneak when I think sneaking will work, but if I think a deer is going to notice me, I think they freak out if the catch you sneaking.... Kind of think of it like if you were out for a hike a nd saw a mountain lion casually walking past you... Might make you uncomfortable? Might make you hide and let it pass, but if it was crouched down and sneaking towards you, you might take it a little more serious.

That makes sense. Thanks!
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:59 am

I have listened to all three podcasts. Seaz, you are a natural with this! You obviously research your guest, and therefore ask very appropriate, intelligent questions. Nice work! Your new podcast series is my new "favorite" way to learn about killing big bucks! Thanks for doing this.
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:30 am

I just gave this a second listen. Such a natural conversation that is informative as well. This interview comes across as incredibly honest and cuts deep with some of the legacy questions. Also, some of the, “will you kill another Giant” talk makes you remember that the number of hunting seasons we have is limited. Go hard because the next one is not guaranteed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”