Going 4 Broke Podcast Ep. 2 - Jordan "Marshbuster" Kurkowski

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Going 4 Broke Podcast Ep. 2 - Jordan "Marshbuster" Kurkowski

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Jordan joined me as the second guest and did not disappoint! We discuss Jordan’s approach to ground hunting, ground hunting setups, pre-season and in-season scouting, trail camera use, observation sits, and a whole lot more. If anyone has any follow up questions for Jordan, stick them in the thread below. If anyone has any feedback for me things you liked/diskliked, I would appreciate that as well.

https://youtu.be/htoxhrO-4Kc

oldrank

Re: Going 4 Broke Podcast Ep. 2 - Jordan "Marshbuster" Kurkowski

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:55 am

Awesome. Listened to a bit this morning. I'll get to the rest here n there but great so far.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 am

Oh heck yes.

I’ve been waiting for someone to feature him almost so bad that I was going to have to go up to his neck of the woods and track him down! :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:15 am

looking fwd to this one
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 am

Good job guys, I enjoyed it! Keep em coming. Nice to have something to break up some time on my 12 hr shift.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:46 am

greenhorndave wrote:Oh heck yes.

I’ve been waiting for someone to feature him almost so bad that I was going to have to go up to his neck of the woods and track him down! :lol:

:lol: Come on over!
How bad do you want it?
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 am

Just finished this one..Great info Jordan!

I would really like to do more ground hunting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:09 am

Man these are good!

Both of these podcasts have reassured me that I'm not the only weirdo out there (haha).

I like Marshbusters multifacited approach, continually adding new information from multiple methods (glassing, tracks, and occasional camera). This podcast really made me reflect on the investment to create an opportunity. How much time, effort, and thinking are you willing to dedicate to increase the odds even a few percentage points.

I may be in the minority, but I enjoy how extended these conversations are. You don't simply blow over an important topic like scouting, but instead squeeze the details out and ask about specific examples. I break these podcasts up over the course of a few days and really ruminate on what was said and try to relate the experience, story, or tactic.

I'm very appreciative for you putting these together.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 am

Just got done listening to it. Great job seaz. Thanx Marshbuster.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:04 am

Part way through. Good stuff so far!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 am

RatMe wrote:Man these are good!

Both of these podcasts have reassured me that I'm not the only weirdo out there (haha).

I like Marshbusters multifacited approach, continually adding new information from multiple methods (glassing, tracks, and occasional camera). This podcast really made me reflect on the investment to create an opportunity. How much time, effort, and thinking are you willing to dedicate to increase the odds even a few percentage points.

I may be in the minority, but I enjoy how extended these conversations are. You don't simply blow over an important topic like scouting, but instead squeeze the details out and ask about specific examples. I break these podcasts up over the course of a few days and really ruminate on what was said and try to relate the experience, story, or tactic.

Agreed.

You can tell Seaz was very prepared going in and also asked good follow-ups.

Great job guys.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 am

Marshbuster89 wrote:

:lol: Come on over!

Ok, I’ll bring the beer. :D
----------
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Great pod cast. Really good to hear from the ground n pound guys. Just a totally different dimension. Good job fellas. Lots of similarities in the styles of some of these guys.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:25 pm

I'm with you Dave, I wanted to hear more from Jordan, so it made sense to try and get him on. I'm glad he accepted, I know I definitely picked up a few things.

This whole podcast thing is really just an excuse on my part to call up strangers who slay big deer and pick their brains :lol:

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:Good job guys, I enjoyed it! Keep em coming. Nice to have something to break up some time on my 12 hr shift.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! It makes it a little easier to keep putting these out with the positive comments as opposed to "don't quit you day job" :lol:

tgreeno wrote:Just finished this one..Great info Jordan!

I would really like to do more ground hunting!

Thanks for listening, tgreeno!

Haha, I think this site is full of "weirdos", but that's why I love it. Thanks for listening and the feedback on the longer format too. I used to have a longer commute, and I would listen to a podcast in two or three parts during my commutes. Better than the crappy radio stations 99% of the time. I really have no idea how long these will be when we start, I just try and ask the questions I want to know the answers to from these guests.

stash59 wrote:Just got done listening to it. Great job seaz. Thanx Marshbuster.

Thanks for listening, Stash!

Lockdown wrote:Part way through. Good stuff so far!

I didn't necessarily plan to have two ground hunting gurus on back-to-back, but it worked out that way. It was good to hear the similarities between your approach and Marshbusters. Apparently, these tactics work!

greenhorndave wrote:

Agreed.

You can tell Seaz was very prepared going in and also asked good follow-ups.
Great job guys.

I have been trying to put in a decent amount of work prior to the actual recording in the hopes to turn out something worth listening to, so I appreciate the comments.

oldrank wrote:Great pod cast. Really good to hear from the ground n pound guys. Just a totally different dimension. Good job fellas. Lots of similarities in the styles of some of these guys.

Thanks for listening, Oldrank! There are definitely some similarities between Lockdown and Marshbuster. Great guys to take notes from for anyone looking to tackle the marsh from the ground. I know it gives me more confidence to mix in a few more ground setups this year.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:47 am

Good podcast! I agree about how you said your not gonna kill a nice buck on pressured public hunting high ground. I like hearing public land guys that put in a ton of work. Great job

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”