Going 4 Broke Podcast Ep. 2 - Jordan "Marshbuster" Kurkowski

• Advertisement

HB Store

Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Re: Going 4 Broke Podcast Ep. 2 - Jordan "Marshbuster" Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:33 am

Absolutely Jeremy. Seems like there’s always some small detail that can really Make a difference

How bad do you want it?
MuskieHunterDave
Facebook: can suck it.

Unread postby MuskieHunterDave » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:32 am

Really great hearing about success on the ground. Just for the sake of not having to carry in a stand and sticks, it's very appealing.
I have one spot picked out this year that will require a ground sit. The area is full of dead trees - didn't know they were dead when I scouted in March. I thought about using a dead tree anyway, but I've been hunting within a few hundred yards of the area twice already this season and both times heard trees falling over.

Thanks for all the great info guys!
Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:10 pm

I’m a little behind on my podcasts. Finally listened to this one after 2 1/2 years. :lol:

Really enjoyed it. I’m amazed how much Jordan and I think alike due to hunting in the same type of marshlands. I was nodding along in agreement to everything that was said. Problem is even though I’ve known for many years the biggest bucks live in the treeless areas where nobody hunts them I never applied it as much as I should have. The slightly higher spots with no trees in a sea of cattails really intrigues me. I’ve logged so many of those over the years and know that’s an opportunity I’ve been missing out on for far too long. My half hearted approach just wasn’t cutting it. The lure of tree saddles and stands always kept me in the not so great areas and deep down inside I knew it. This past season I did over half of my hunts from the ground and see myself increasing that greatly in the future. I’m getting too old and tired to haul all that extra gear around anymore so looking forward to a change.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:06 am

Dewey wrote:I’m a little behind on my podcasts. Finally listened to this one after 2 1/2 years. :lol:

Really enjoyed it. I’m amazed how much Jordan and I think alike due to hunting in the same type of marshlands. I was nodding along in agreement to everything that was said. Problem is even though I’ve known for many years the biggest bucks live in the treeless areas where nobody hunts them I never applied it as much as I should have. The slightly higher spots with no trees in a sea of cattails really intrigues me. I’ve logged so many of those over the years and know that’s an opportunity I’ve been missing out on for far too long. My half hearted approach just wasn’t cutting it. The lure of tree saddles and stands always kept me in the not so great areas and deep down inside I knew it. This past season I did over half of my hunts from the ground and see myself increasing that greatly in the future. I’m getting too old and tired to haul all that extra gear around anymore so looking forward to a change.

An oldie, but a goodie! I should try and get Jordan back on...sure doesn't seem like 2.5 years ago. I'm with you Dewey, I have incorporated a lot more ground hunting the past few years, and have killed a few of my biggest bucks from the ground. It can be effective, especially in areas that don't support treestand hunting, and it's definitely a rush when it works out. I'm getting old too, it happens :lol: Thanks for listening!
Wihunter95

Unread postby Wihunter95 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:19 am

Dewey wrote:I’m a little behind on my podcasts. Finally listened to this one after 2 1/2 years. :lol:

I just listened to this one as well. I've found a couple bedding areas that just can't be hunted from a tree. I hunted alot more on the ground this past season, especially in Kansas, I'm excited to try it in the cat tails. Alot of good info on this one.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:29 am

8-)

I gave this another listen too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”