Southern Ground podcast-Bobby Worthington pt1

• Advertisement

HB Store

live2hunt

Southern Ground podcast-Bobby Worthington pt1

Unread postby live2hunt » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:58 am

Everyone should give this a listen. Gained a lot of respect for Bobby just from his words and knowledge. Kind of person that can humble even the best whitetail guys in my opinion.

Someone with more computer skills than me please post links to this.

Dewey

Re: Southern Ground podcast-Bobby Worthington pt1

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:02 am

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:07 am

Listened to half of it earlier. Good listen.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:23 am

Maybe the most impressive is he is a world champion archer. 6 times. That takes tons of time and so does killing big bucks DIY. How do people do both
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:42 am

Thanks for the heads up
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:52 am

Bout half way done. Very good.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:46 am

oldrank wrote:Bout half way done. Very good.

The second half is the best half. I had to drive around a bunch today, so I hd time to listen to it.

Definitely different in terms of what he recommends in the second half versus other approaches that people advocate on other podcasts. Or maybe not. :lol:

I'll be interested to hear what people think when they finish the episode.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:32 pm

greenhorndave wrote:

The second half is the best half. I had to drive around a bunch today, so I hd time to listen to it.

Definitely different in terms of what he recommends in the second half versus other approaches that people advocate on other podcasts. Or maybe not. :lol:

Definitely different and hard to wait until the 25th like that. What he is doing is working and Is more successful than I am.

I do find his core area theory very interesting. Especially how he locates mature bucks core area by placing cameras by all thick areas first. Then how they are going back and forth between areas.

I don’t think everyone can apply everything he says but it’s always fun to listen to next level guys like this. Just one more way of doing things.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm

greenhorndave wrote:

Gonna try and finish it up tomorrow.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:01 pm

live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

Definitely different and hard to wait until the 25th like that. What he is doing is working and Is more successful than I am.

I do find his core area theory very interesting. Especially how he locates mature bucks core area by placing cameras by all thick areas first. Then how they are going back and forth between areas.

I don’t think everyone can apply everything he says but it’s always fun to listen to next level guys like this. Just one more way of doing things.

Yeah exactly. Ultimately we each have to figure out what combination of these ideas from outstanding hunters works for us individually, but I thought his emphasis was interesting. Part 2 ought to be as well.
----------
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:48 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

Yeah exactly. Ultimately we each have to figure out what combination of these ideas from outstanding hunters works for us individually, but I thought his emphasis was interesting. Part 2 ought to be as well.

Ya part 2 should be good. He is like the Bill Winke of public land.

His emphasis comes from that being “his thing”. Most people who do podcast often recognize what tactic got them there and almost become snobby about it. Often they mock tactics of others since it’s not “their thing” even if others are also successful. Kind of funny when you think about it you have the scrape guy, the bedding guy, the food source guy, the habitat guy, the scent free guy, the saddle guy, the gear guy, the morning guy, the afternoon guy, the moon guy, the weather guy, the ground game guy..... Continuing this list could get interesting lol.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:32 am

live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

His emphasis comes from that being “his thing”. Most people who do podcast often recognize what tactic got them there and almost become snobby about it. Often they mock tactics of others since it’s not “their thing” even if others are also successful. Kind of funny when you think about it you have the scrape guy, the bedding guy, the food source guy, the habitat guy, the scent free guy, the saddle guy, the gear guy, the morning guy, the afternoon guy, the moon guy, the weather guy, the ground game guy..... Continuing this list could get interesting lol.

:lol: True!

I’d add the rut guy for Bobby.
----------
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Finished it. Really good tip on camera placement.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:42 pm

I really enjoyed pt 1, I have not seen part 2 yet. I had a hard time understanding bobby with his strong southern accent, I found if I played the podcast at 1 1/2 speed I could understand him much better.
Birddog00

Unread postby Birddog00 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:03 pm

live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

Bill winky of public land :lol:
I thought it was a great podcast but agree there seems to be other ways than just his to kill a mature pressured buck.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”