Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Southern Ground podcast-Bobby Worthington pt1

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:24 pm

live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
oldrank wrote:Bout half way done. Very good.

The second half is the best half. I had to drive around a bunch today, so I hd time to listen to it.

Definitely different in terms of what he recommends in the second half versus other approaches that people advocate on other podcasts. Or maybe not. :lol:

I'll be interested to hear what people think when they finish the episode.

Definitely different and hard to wait until the 25th like that. What he is doing is working and Is more successful than I am.

I do find his core area theory very interesting. Especially how he locates mature bucks core area by placing cameras by all thick areas first. Then how they are going back and forth between areas.

I don’t think everyone can apply everything he says but it’s always fun to listen to next level guys like this. Just one more way of doing things.

Yeah exactly. Ultimately we each have to figure out what combination of these ideas from outstanding hunters works for us individually, but I thought his emphasis was interesting. Part 2 ought to be as well.

Ya part 2 should be good. He is like the Bill Winke of public land.

His emphasis comes from that being “his thing”. Most people who do podcast often recognize what tactic got them there and almost become snobby about it. Often they mock tactics of others since it’s not “their thing” even if others are also successful. Kind of funny when you think about it you have the scrape guy, the bedding guy, the food source guy, the habitat guy, the scent free guy, the saddle guy, the gear guy, the morning guy, the afternoon guy, the moon guy, the weather guy, the ground game guy..... Continuing this list could get interesting lol.

Bill winke :roll: The man is a multiple time world champion shooting. Sorry but Bill is the most horrid shot I have ever witnessed. I literally cringe every time he jerks that release and says (think I caught liver back in the ham.) No offense but Bill Winke hunts Hollywood parcels that the deer don’t even know there’s a hunting season. Ain’t knocking it and would be all over it if I could afford it. But can u please elaborate on the similarities of Bobby Worthington and Bill Winke....

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
live2hunt

Re: Southern Ground podcast-Bobby Worthington pt1

Unread postby live2hunt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
live2hunt wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
oldrank wrote:Bout half way done. Very good.

The second half is the best half. I had to drive around a bunch today, so I hd time to listen to it.

Definitely different in terms of what he recommends in the second half versus other approaches that people advocate on other podcasts. Or maybe not. :lol:

I'll be interested to hear what people think when they finish the episode.

Definitely different and hard to wait until the 25th like that. What he is doing is working and Is more successful than I am.

I do find his core area theory very interesting. Especially how he locates mature bucks core area by placing cameras by all thick areas first. Then how they are going back and forth between areas.

I don’t think everyone can apply everything he says but it’s always fun to listen to next level guys like this. Just one more way of doing things.

Yeah exactly. Ultimately we each have to figure out what combination of these ideas from outstanding hunters works for us individually, but I thought his emphasis was interesting. Part 2 ought to be as well.

Ya part 2 should be good. He is like the Bill Winke of public land.

His emphasis comes from that being “his thing”. Most people who do podcast often recognize what tactic got them there and almost become snobby about it. Often they mock tactics of others since it’s not “their thing” even if others are also successful. Kind of funny when you think about it you have the scrape guy, the bedding guy, the food source guy, the habitat guy, the scent free guy, the saddle guy, the gear guy, the morning guy, the afternoon guy, the moon guy, the weather guy, the ground game guy..... Continuing this list could get interesting lol.

Bill winke :roll: The man is a multiple time world champion shooting. Sorry but Bill is the most horrid shot I have ever witnessed. I literally cringe every time he jerks that release and says (think I caught liver back in the ham.) No offense but Bill Winke hunts Hollywood parcels that the deer don’t even know there’s a hunting season. Ain’t knocking it and would be all over it if I could afford it. But can u please elaborate on the similarities of Bobby Worthington and Bill Winke....

I agree with that aspect.

I was referencing to him waiting until later in October before he starts hunting target bucks. Then talking about 150’s to 180’s like they are everywhere. Also the similarity of how they run cameras to locate core areas.

It was sarcasm towards those similarities. It was nothing meant to undermine Bobby Worthington’s accomplishments.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”