Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

• Advertisement

HB Store

DhD
500 Club

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby DhD » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:20 am

I could care less whether or not you curse, people need to stop being so uptight. In these days of constant BS from every direction, I greatly appreciate content that comes off as completely genuine. So far everything you have done meets that standard, keep it up!

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 am

Listening to this podcast, my first thoughts are what the heck is wrong with this world that we have to someone have a disclaimer about who they are..... @JessecCoots, screw disclaimers, lol, you have a lot of info to share and people want to hear it, period. People have a choice to not listen or whatever that's disclaimer enough!
Now, I love your presentation of the podcast man. Listening to you guys literally feels like deer camp. Being relatable is much more appealing than cookie cutter shows or shows that have more product plugs than content. Keep it up brother, not that you need the encouragement but keep it real. You got me hooked!
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 am

JesseCoots wrote:
live2hunt wrote:Profanity doesn’t bother me if the people have something to bring to the table. I will give it a listen and see.

Live2hunt,
You have a winners creed! I feel the same way and appreciate your open mindset. I have learned and absorbed things from Preachers, Hells angels, Lawyers, Doctors, soccer Moms, Butchers etc etc etc. I will study anyone who can back up their topic with authority and success no matter how they deliver the info! Thanks for being an open minded person and for tuning in. Really appreciate any input on how we can get better or what interests guys like yourself. Thanks man. Jesse

Just got the time to listen to episode #3. You nailed it Jesse that was a great episode. This Is the kind of stuff I want to listen to. Almost everything you talked about was relatable to the way I hunt. I was learning yet I was also being reassured that I’m doing a lot of thing right. Keep them coming!
JesseCoots
Facebook: Jesse Coots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

If the name sounds familiar hes been on Wired To Hunt with Andy May and Joe Elsinger..I really enjoyed listening to him and love his no nonsense approach, so I thought Id share... it looks like he just recorded an episode with Andy yesterday, cant wait till that one is available!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvkfe3d1co

Kokes,
Hey Man Thanks a lot for Sharing this and having an interest in our podcast. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our straight forwardness and our focus on the task of killing big animals. I really wanted to be able to be Myself and let our guests be themselves and not feel guarded or feel the need to be fake to appease anyone. I'm definitely rough around the edges but I tend to get the job done when it comes to hunting and I really want to share how I do and hopefully encourage and help others to do so as well, My goal wasn't to be politically correct or win a popularity contest! haha I have an amazing circle of DIY friends who stack up big animals year in and year out, I hope our stories and advice help inspire and advance any listener even if its in the slightest bit. I am a very inexperienced host so I do appreciate your patience and advice as I progress! Thanks for any and all input and thanks for sharing Man. Jesse

Glad to have you on board Jesse!! I know you are a busy guy but I think you will really enjoy this forum, you may even find some noteable podcast-worthy guests here!

Best of luck with the podcasts and keep up the great work.

Kokes,
Thanks dude! Yes I have always heard great things about this Forum, My struggle is once im on the computer I cannot get off so I try to stay off of it! haha I will definatelty try and get on here more and study up, Im sure there are a lot of great minds on here with lots of input. Thanks man We appreciate you sharing this! Jesse

My pleasure supporting and sharing your podcast - by the way if you noticed in Andy's earlier post I think youve got it in writing he'd be up for a 3 - 4 hour "Joe Rogan" type podcast!! :) :) I think that about secures a follow up podcast on Hunt Different!!

Yeah Andy just has it and works at it relentlessly! He’s full of good intel and I plan on getting it all out of him! Haha Thanks again.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm

JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

If the name sounds familiar hes been on Wired To Hunt with Andy May and Joe Elsinger..I really enjoyed listening to him and love his no nonsense approach, so I thought Id share... it looks like he just recorded an episode with Andy yesterday, cant wait till that one is available!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvkfe3d1co

Kokes,
Hey Man Thanks a lot for Sharing this and having an interest in our podcast. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our straight forwardness and our focus on the task of killing big animals. I really wanted to be able to be Myself and let our guests be themselves and not feel guarded or feel the need to be fake to appease anyone. I'm definitely rough around the edges but I tend to get the job done when it comes to hunting and I really want to share how I do and hopefully encourage and help others to do so as well, My goal wasn't to be politically correct or win a popularity contest! haha I have an amazing circle of DIY friends who stack up big animals year in and year out, I hope our stories and advice help inspire and advance any listener even if its in the slightest bit. I am a very inexperienced host so I do appreciate your patience and advice as I progress! Thanks for any and all input and thanks for sharing Man. Jesse

Glad to have you on board Jesse!! I know you are a busy guy but I think you will really enjoy this forum, you may even find some noteable podcast-worthy guests here!

Best of luck with the podcasts and keep up the great work.

Kokes,
Thanks dude! Yes I have always heard great things about this Forum, My struggle is once im on the computer I cannot get off so I try to stay off of it! haha I will definatelty try and get on here more and study up, Im sure there are a lot of great minds on here with lots of input. Thanks man We appreciate you sharing this! Jesse

My pleasure supporting and sharing your podcast - by the way if you noticed in Andy's earlier post I think youve got it in writing he'd be up for a 3 - 4 hour "Joe Rogan" type podcast!! :) :) I think that about secures a follow up podcast on Hunt Different!!

Yeah Andy just has it and works at it relentlessly! He’s full of good intel and I plan on getting it all out of him! Haha Thanks again.

If you did a podcast that was exclusively you and Andy talking I would listen to every episode. Keep it coming!
BuffaloBill

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:43 am

Listened to the episode with Andy May yesterday, liking the content so far. Looking forward to some tips to make me a killer. Really liked the comment that if you're hunting, you are killing something, and the importance of scouting. I think that's a big part of my lack of success on public land the last few years. Not enough scouting and I'm basically going in blind and not getting on deer.

Also my mom was a Coots from Kentucky. Probably no relation.
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks for putting the podcast together. I’m always floored that folks would pour so much thought and effort into something to benefit others.

I’m not seeking out a curse filled podcast and I don’t necessarily think this one is. In fact, without counting I would say the random swears diminished from episode 1-3 and more importantly the improvement from 1-3 in format was exponential. Well done. With this straight forward approach this will quickly become one of my favorite podcasts. I’m hungry for more.
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 pm

I’ll leave some feedback. As a business owner myself, I run things the way I want and the way that things work for me and my family. I’m the boss. I’ll do what I want and I may listen to others’ opinion, but that doesn’t mean I’ll agree with their advise or take action. Having said all of that, if I’m hearing a ton of feedback about something I do that’s problematic or seriously limiting my target audience, it makes “business sense” to at least listen and consider, in my opinion (see note above regarding opinions). I have no idea what kind of money is involved in podcasts or what your goals are, and in the most respectful way, don’t care. It’s ultimately your call to make.

Now, I was definitely distracted by the cussing, but I’m trying to push through because anybody that’s hanging with and killing with guys like Andy May, I really want to learn from. I think the dude is probably the best mature buck killer in America right now. These are the types of guys I want to hear from and learn from. I’m nothing but average and I’m super busy with business and 3 small kids, but the “killing” part of my hunting is really lacking lately. Who the crap wants to hunt and not be killing? Not me. I’ll be sticking it out for a few more episodes, but just note that it seems most of the comments on this forum are about the language and not killing...I don’t think that’s what you had in your mind, but again, it’s your show and your call!
BuffaloBill

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Crap, shoot, frick, are all synonyms for swear words. Guess Jesse could add a bleeper so he can swear freely and not offend people. Maybe a fawn bleet or something.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 am

BuffaloBill wrote:Crap, shoot, frick, are all synonyms for swear words. Guess Jesse could add a bleeper so he can swear freely and not offend people. Maybe a fawn bleet or something.

That's the best post I have seen in awhile. Why is one word ok and the other one not? I can say frick but not f**k. It's making people think the same thing. I don't see the difference.

George Carlin said : "There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad intentions, and wooooords".

He had a lot more good things to say about the subject but in order to make them understood I have to use words that I am "banned" from using here. I love this place, but the controlled speech really gets to me if I'm being honest.
Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:22 am

I’ve been chatting with Jesse now and again after I heard him on wired to hunt! I’m a fellow NY’er so whenever I hear about a great hunter from here, I’ve gotta pick their brain. I’ve been doing the same with Eric Pysar. Both have been very kind to take time out of their day to answer anything I throw at them.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:01 am

I’ve only just started it, but the most recent episode on out-of-state hunting should be really good.

Just the fact that Jesse and his co-host listed to feedback and are making adjustments is impressive. Willingness to listen and the humility to change.

I really liked his way of clarifying that “killing big bucks is easy.” Personally, I was like, “shut the front door!” But he provided the corollary with strength training. The formula for getting stronger is simple: lift weights in a structured, programmatic way. But you need to follow the program. Killing big bucks is easy... if you follow the program. Doesn’t mean there’s not a lot of effort, because that’s part of the program, but it can be done. For me. that was a great way of putting it.

More to come.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am

greenhorndave wrote:I’ve only just started it, but the most recent episode on out-of-state hunting should be really good.

Just the fact that Jesse and his co-host listed to feedback and are making adjustments is impressive. Willingness to listen and the humility to change.

I really liked his way of clarifying that “killing big bucks is easy.” Personally, I was like, “shut the front door!” But he provided the corollary with strength training. The formula for getting stronger is simple: lift weights in a structured, programmatic way. But you need to follow the program. Killing big bucks is easy... if you follow the program. Doesn’t mean there’s not a lot of effort, because that’s part of the program, but it can be done. For me. that was a great way of putting it.

More to come.

I agree. Just started this episode and haven’t finished yet. I’d love to hear some REALLY in-depth stuff with Andy May. Jesse- I know you said you’d never listen to a long podcast, but there are several of us that would. If I’m driving by myself, I’d rather do that than listen to the radio. I know you or your guests may not have the time to record a longer chat, but if there’s good info in it people WILL listen.

Also, glad to hear that you (Jesse) don’t use trail cams. I don’t and honestly have a hard time even wanting to use cameras. I’ve felt the pressure that’s what I need to be doing in order to “up my game”. I’d like to hear how guys in your “killer group” take a new property and take it from start to finish (kill). I’d say my weakness is finding a deer to hunt. I’m out there in good spots, but I’m sitting there “hoping” something walks by. I need to take the hunt to the buck and get it done. Spelling out that process would be insightful.

Finally, keep it up...I think you’re onto something with these serious diy killers.
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:03 am

Mschmeiske wrote:I’ve been chatting with Jesse now and again after I heard him on wired to hunt! I’m a fellow NY’er so whenever I hear about a great hunter from here, I’ve gotta pick their brain. I’ve been doing the same with Eric Pysar. Both have been very kind to take time out of their day to answer anything I throw at them.

Very cool. Wish Spysar would still post over here on occasion. Dude is a killer.
Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:12 pm

huntinsonovagun wrote:
Mschmeiske wrote:I’ve been chatting with Jesse now and again after I heard him on wired to hunt! I’m a fellow NY’er so whenever I hear about a great hunter from here, I’ve gotta pick their brain. I’ve been doing the same with Eric Pysar. Both have been very kind to take time out of their day to answer anything I throw at them.

Very cool. Wish Spysar would still post over here on occasion. Dude is a killer.

Both of them definitely know a thing or two! Haha. There’s a car event later this year at Jesses shop, I’m gonna try and make the drive out and hang.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”