Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

• Advertisement

HB Store

JesseCoots
Facebook: Jesse Coots

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:43 am

NorthStar wrote:
Lockdown wrote:If people want to lose part of their audience due to foul language that’s their choice I guess! Personally, it doesn’t bother me at all.

Profanity doesn't offend me but it sometimes distracts me from digesting the meaningful context of what's being discussed. But this is probably more of my own problem.

Northstar,
Like I said to a few other fellas, I love your open mindedness! Ill study and learn from anyone no matter how they deliver the information especially if they have the results I want to learn to achieve. My delivery and presence as a host is very amateur and that's because Ive only done 3 podcast! haha This type of feed back will help me get batter and I appreciate it. Thanks for the input, Ill work on it !

JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 am

NYBackcountry wrote:I like hearing from Jesse, brings a great perspective and it's nice to hear from another NY'er.

NYbackcountry
Hey Brother thanks for the positive feedback, keep being a great represnative of NY! Feel free to reach out any =time on our Hunt Different FB page with any input or ideas/questions, Love knowing whats on other killers minds. Thanks man. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 am

rfickes87 wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
Ridgerunner7 wrote:Jesse is a brash, tell it like it is guy with a mouth like a sailor but he really is a good guy. If you are opposed to foul language I would skip his podcasts altogether because that’s just the way he is. In his intro podcast he stated a disclaimer that there will be some foul language. If you can get past that the guy is an absolute killer and one of the best bow hunters I know.

Andy
Hey thanks for the kind words man, Yes I am brash! haha I wanted to start a killer DIY Hunting podcast that was geared for 'How to killing', Not really a childrens show. I know that's rough but its honest. If people want an edge they can tune in, if they are offended they can tune out, either way I understand and appreciate everyones input and will absorb and grow from it. Thanks for being a part of my circle Andy, Honored to rub elbows and trade knowledge with a Cat like you.
Thanks Andy Jesse

Jesse,

Ryan here from PA. I haven't listened to your new podcast yet but I did listen last year to your wired2hunt ep 200 podcast with Joe and Andy. I am a 50+ hour work week, family man, hockey coach and an average joe bowhunter :lol: . So my time is very limited and I need to be efficient as possible. I really related to everything you had to say and wanted you to know. Efficient killers are the guys I really like to look up as I get older in my 30s now with kids and a wife. I could care less about some 200 a guy on the outdoor channel killed on a managed food plot in Iowa. I killed 2 good bucks on 3 sits last year with the bow and 1 on 9 sits this year, all public. Guys like you had a part in that, so thank you. Please feel free to stop back here on the beast and help us out. Would be nice to go over maps, bedding, wind, strategies on here, I'm sure everyone else would appreciate it to. Thanks again!

Ryan,
Dude you made my day! My entire goal with this podcast and honestly any conversation I have about hunting is to personally get better or to help someone else get better. To know an average guy like myself possibly gave an average guy like you the slightest advantage makes me smile! If you listen to the podcast I just did with Andy we touch base on being fast and efficient, admittedly I am learning th ecraft of hosting and don't think Im very good at all but I am studying these comments and pointers and will adjust and get better as we go! Thanks for the kind words and any input or ideas you may have, All the best Ryan. Jesse
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:00 am

I listened to episode 3 yesterday- some very good points discussed. The one that I really need to put into practice is scouting more than hunting and not going in deep until you are sure you have a high odds chance to kill. It’s very difficult to not hunt when you actually have a little bit precious time to do so, but when you don’t have much time to start with, it’s more important than ever to have your homework done.
Jesse- thanks for finally getting Andy to clarify what he means when he says he “works at a school.” I was convinced he was a janitor or lunch lady this whole time.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:01 am

JesseCoots wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
Ridgerunner7 wrote:Jesse is a brash, tell it like it is guy with a mouth like a sailor but he really is a good guy. If you are opposed to foul language I would skip his podcasts altogether because that’s just the way he is. In his intro podcast he stated a disclaimer that there will be some foul language. If you can get past that the guy is an absolute killer and one of the best bow hunters I know.

This is no small vote of confidence.

I'm not averse to foul language most of the time, so I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks Kokes and RR.

This is the mindset that advances you. Thanks for being sharp! Jesse PS Do you mind if I mention this on a upcoming podcast?

Go for it my man!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:04 am

Grizzlyadam wrote:I listened to the first podcast today, the only thing I found different from other podcasts was the liberal use of the f-bomb. Not that that bothers me in the least to hear, in fact the guy is pretty relatable to many friends of mine, so no big deal there. The content of the podcast however was not keeping my attention. I don't really think I took away anything valuable from it.

After listening to it I went and pulled up the W2H episode with him and listened to it. I thought that was great! There was some really good info in it. It was educational and entertaining. I feel like I got a lot of valuable info from it and I was very engaged listening to it. Maybe he's a better guest than a host. Maybe it was just the guest he had and the questions were not very relatable to what I'm into.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the next one, seems like he's someone who is very accomplished and knows his stuff with no bs. Nice to hear a decent podcast from a guy from the north east.

Grizzlyadam
Hey Dude I absolutely love your feedback and youre 100% spot on, I am a better guest than a host! hahah Ive just begun and this is only our 3rd podcast so I am definitely a greenhorn host however this feedback is great and really points out my weakness. Mark from W2H is a pro host, He has hosted hundreds of podcasts and it shows! Mark is a great and a really good fella and was very encouraging to me in starting this podcast. I have a deep of super successful DIY friends who are somewhat quiet and reserved and keep to themselves a lot like I have in the past. These guys are a wealth of knowledge and our average conversations over the phone are full of good info, I need to learn how to deliver this to our podcast in a user friendly format. Until then we are just going to keep throwing raw material at you guys and you're going to have to sift through it for the Gold until we learn to just deliver the Gold. Thanks a lot for your feedback dude. All the best. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:11 am

SamPotter wrote:I listened to episode 3 yesterday- some very good points discussed. The one that I really need to put into practice is scouting more than hunting and not going in deep until you are sure you have a high odds chance to kill. It’s very difficult to not hunt when you actually have a little bit precious time to do so, but when you don’t have much time to start with, it’s more important than ever to have your homework done.
Jesse- thanks for finally getting Andy to clarify what he means when he says he “works at a school.” I was convinced he was a janitor or lunch lady this whole time.

Sampotter,
Hahah thrilled to have brought Clarity to something even if its Andys actual occupation! haha Literally the best looking Janitor ever! hahaahah So Id love to go into depth more on an upcoming podcast about your scouting question, Do you mind if I mention this in an upcoming podcast? Thanks for checking us out dude, We will tune up and get better! Thanks for your input. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16 am

Wlog wrote:I’m sure he is a good guy and an accomplished hunter. I’m not judging. I’m used to that kind of language. I hear it all day everyday at work as well as other places. The difference is, I’ve got no choice at work. I’m a captive audience there.

I’m guilty. I used to talk the same way. That’s not me anymore. I turn off movies for the same reason all the time.

That being said, he absolutely has the right to speak exactly the way he wants.

I already replied to you previously I believe but after reading this I again reinstate that youre a class act. Im sorry we turn you off, Im sure we actually have more in common than you realize! Again I thank you for your input. All the best. Jesse
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:17 am

JesseCoots wrote:
rfickes87 wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:

Andy
Hey thanks for the kind words man, Yes I am brash! haha I wanted to start a killer DIY Hunting podcast that was geared for 'How to killing', Not really a childrens show. I know that's rough but its honest. If people want an edge they can tune in, if they are offended they can tune out, either way I understand and appreciate everyones input and will absorb and grow from it. Thanks for being a part of my circle Andy, Honored to rub elbows and trade knowledge with a Cat like you.
Thanks Andy Jesse

Jesse,

Ryan here from PA. I haven't listened to your new podcast yet but I did listen last year to your wired2hunt ep 200 podcast with Joe and Andy. I am a 50+ hour work week, family man, hockey coach and an average joe bowhunter :lol: . So my time is very limited and I need to be efficient as possible. I really related to everything you had to say and wanted you to know. Efficient killers are the guys I really like to look up as I get older in my 30s now with kids and a wife. I could care less about some 200 a guy on the outdoor channel killed on a managed food plot in Iowa. I killed 2 good bucks on 3 sits last year with the bow and 1 on 9 sits this year, all public. Guys like you had a part in that, so thank you. Please feel free to stop back here on the beast and help us out. Would be nice to go over maps, bedding, wind, strategies on here, I'm sure everyone else would appreciate it to. Thanks again!

Ryan,
Dude you made my day! My entire goal with this podcast and honestly any conversation I have about hunting is to personally get better or to help someone else get better. To know an average guy like myself possibly gave an average guy like you the slightest advantage makes me smile! If you listen to the podcast I just did with Andy we touch base on being fast and efficient, admittedly I am learning th ecraft of hosting and don't think Im very good at all but I am studying these comments and pointers and will adjust and get better as we go! Thanks for the kind words and any input or ideas you may have, All the best Ryan. Jesse

Here’s one way to think about it in my mind...

Think of a successful hunt as a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. Each puzzle piece is a key element of the hunt and a potential podcast topic. Here's the thing: we (especially us newer folks) don't have a picture to use as a reference to put the pieces together. Remember how you used that picture on the puzzle box to solve the puzzle? Yeah, we don't have that.

How would you guide people to put that puzzle together through the spoken words of a podcast? What would help people put all those pieces together to build a successful hunt?

You can build that picture through the guests you have, the topics you choose to pursue and the line of questioning that you use.

It might be a swing and a miss if you try to get one guest to cover it all. But a series of guests can build the shape, size and image of each piece that will go a much longer way to building that picture.

Make any sense?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:39 am

JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

If the name sounds familiar hes been on Wired To Hunt with Andy May and Joe Elsinger..I really enjoyed listening to him and love his no nonsense approach, so I thought Id share... it looks like he just recorded an episode with Andy yesterday, cant wait till that one is available!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvkfe3d1co

Kokes,
Hey Man Thanks a lot for Sharing this and having an interest in our podcast. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our straight forwardness and our focus on the task of killing big animals. I really wanted to be able to be Myself and let our guests be themselves and not feel guarded or feel the need to be fake to appease anyone. I'm definitely rough around the edges but I tend to get the job done when it comes to hunting and I really want to share how I do and hopefully encourage and help others to do so as well, My goal wasn't to be politically correct or win a popularity contest! haha I have an amazing circle of DIY friends who stack up big animals year in and year out, I hope our stories and advice help inspire and advance any listener even if its in the slightest bit. I am a very inexperienced host so I do appreciate your patience and advice as I progress! Thanks for any and all input and thanks for sharing Man. Jesse

Glad to have you on board Jesse!! I know you are a busy guy but I think you will really enjoy this forum, you may even find some noteable podcast-worthy guests here!

Best of luck with the podcasts and keep up the great work.
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:46 am

JesseCoots wrote:
SamPotter wrote:I listened to episode 3 yesterday- some very good points discussed. The one that I really need to put into practice is scouting more than hunting and not going in deep until you are sure you have a high odds chance to kill. It’s very difficult to not hunt when you actually have a little bit precious time to do so, but when you don’t have much time to start with, it’s more important than ever to have your homework done.

Go for it.

P.s. Not trying to downplay the roles of janitors and lunch ladies in any way.

Sampotter,
Hahah thrilled to have brought Clarity to something even if its Andys actual occupation! haha Literally the best looking Janitor ever! hahaahah So Id love to go into depth more on an upcoming podcast about your scouting question, Do you mind if I mention this in an upcoming podcast? Thanks for checking us out dude, We will tune up and get better! Thanks for your input. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:47 am

greenhorndave wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
rfickes87 wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:

Andy
Thanks Andy Jesse

Jesse,

Ryan,

Think of a successful hunt as a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. Each puzzle piece is a key element of the hunt and a potential podcast topic. Here's the thing: we (especially us newer folks) don't have a picture to use as a reference to put the pieces together. Remember how you used that picture on the puzzle box to solve the puzzle? Yeah, we don't have that.

How would you guide people to put that puzzle together through the spoken words of a podcast? What would help people put all those pieces together to build a successful hunt?

You can build that picture through the guests you have, the topics you choose to pursue and the line of questioning that you use.

It might be a swing and a miss if you try to get one guest to cover it all. But a series of guests can build the shape, size and image of each piece that will go a much longer way to building that picture.

Make any sense?

Dude youre 100% spot on and I love the analogy! Agreed on all accounts, Mind if I use this conversation as a reference in an upcoming podcast? Thanks man
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:48 am

JesseCoots wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
rfickes87 wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:

Andy
Thanks Andy Jesse

Jesse,

Ryan,

Make any sense?

Dude youre 100% spot on and I love the analogy! Agreed on all accounts, Mind if I use this conversation as a reference in an upcoming podcast? Thanks man

Have at it. 8-)
----------
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:51 am

Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

If the name sounds familiar hes been on Wired To Hunt with Andy May and Joe Elsinger..I really enjoyed listening to him and love his no nonsense approach, so I thought Id share... it looks like he just recorded an episode with Andy yesterday, cant wait till that one is available!!!

Kokes,
Hey Man Thanks a lot for Sharing this and having an interest in our podcast. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our straight forwardness and our focus on the task of killing big animals. I really wanted to be able to be Myself and let our guests be themselves and not feel guarded or feel the need to be fake to appease anyone. I'm definitely rough around the edges but I tend to get the job done when it comes to hunting and I really want to share how I do and hopefully encourage and help others to do so as well, My goal wasn't to be politically correct or win a popularity contest! haha I have an amazing circle of DIY friends who stack up big animals year in and year out, I hope our stories and advice help inspire and advance any listener even if its in the slightest bit. I am a very inexperienced host so I do appreciate your patience and advice as I progress! Thanks for any and all input and thanks for sharing Man. Jesse

Glad to have you on board Jesse!! I know you are a busy guy but I think you will really enjoy this forum, you may even find some noteable podcast-worthy guests here!

Kokes,
Thanks dude! Yes I have always heard great things about this Forum, My struggle is once im on the computer I cannot get off so I try to stay off of it! haha I will definatelty try and get on here more and study up, Im sure there are a lot of great minds on here with lots of input. Thanks man We appreciate you sharing this! Jesse
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:02 am

JesseCoots wrote:
Kokes wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:

Kokes,

Kokes,
Thanks dude! Yes I have always heard great things about this Forum, My struggle is once im on the computer I cannot get off so I try to stay off of it! haha I will definatelty try and get on here more and study up, Im sure there are a lot of great minds on here with lots of input. Thanks man We appreciate you sharing this! Jesse

My pleasure supporting and sharing your podcast - by the way if you noticed in Andy's earlier post I think youve got it in writing he'd be up for a 3 - 4 hour "Joe Rogan" type podcast!! :) :) I think that about secures a follow up podcast on Hunt Different!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”