Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

• Advertisement

HB Store

Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 am

Podcasts are tough. Most hosts want to keep it around 30 min - 1 hour but in reality that only lightly scratches the surface. That is why so many podcasts from accomplished bow hunters sound redundant. There is no depth. You really need to do Joe Rogan style 3-4 hour podcast to go into the kind of depth we are all looking for or make a 3 part series on one guy/tactic.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:51 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Podcasts are tough. Most hosts want to keep it around 30 min - 1 hour but in reality that only lightly scratches the surface. That is why so many podcasts from accomplished bow hunters sound redundant. There is no depth. You really need to do Joe Rogan style 3-4 hour podcast to go into the kind of depth we are all looking for or make a 3 part series on one guy/tactic.

That's true, and that's why I liked that podcast you did last year all about preparation. It was a narrow sliver, but it went deep. I think the beauty of a podcast is to create a complete picture, not by asking the same questions or having the same topics as the others, but diving into the strengths of each guest. Yes, each of you great hunters do it all well, but there are some things that set people apart in terms of approach. I gained a lot out of the high bar you set for yourself when it comes to tuning and shooting proficiency. Put enough deep slices on different topics like that together and pretty soon people have a complete and tasty pie.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Podcasts are tough. Most hosts want to keep it around 30 min - 1 hour but in reality that only lightly scratches the surface. That is why so many podcasts from accomplished bow hunters sound redundant. There is no depth. You really need to do Joe Rogan style 3-4 hour podcast to go into the kind of depth we are all looking for or make a 3 part series on one guy/tactic.

People like to hate on Rogan, they say he "always agrees with his guest" or "only argues when it's about weed." I think a lot of the haters are Rush Limbaugh fans who can't appreciate a host who is humble enough to admit he doesn't know everything, and openly shares what he's curious about. Rush Limbaugh never does those things. And I do genuinely like Rush.

If there was a hunting podcast with a host half as well-rounded as Rogan, I agree that would be fantastic. Rogan has some gifts. Too bad he can't bottle that stuff up for Onit and sell it. :lol:
JesseCoots
Facebook: Jesse Coots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:47 am

Kokes wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

If the name sounds familiar hes been on Wired To Hunt with Andy May and Joe Elsinger..I really enjoyed listening to him and love his no nonsense approach, so I thought Id share... it looks like he just recorded an episode with Andy yesterday, cant wait till that one is available!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvkfe3d1co

Kokes,
Hey Man Thanks a lot for Sharing this and having an interest in our podcast. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our straight forwardness and our focus on the task of killing big animals. I really wanted to be able to be Myself and let our guests be themselves and not feel guarded or feel the need to be fake to appease anyone. I'm definitely rough around the edges but I tend to get the job done when it comes to hunting and I really want to share how I do and hopefully encourage and help others to do so as well, My goal wasn't to be politically correct or win a popularity contest! haha I have an amazing circle of DIY friends who stack up big animals year in and year out, I hope our stories and advice help inspire and advance any listener even if its in the slightest bit. I am a very inexperienced host so I do appreciate your patience and advice as I progress! Thanks for any and all input and thanks for sharing Man. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 am

sureshotscott wrote:Thanks always like having another deer hunting podcast to pass time while I wait another 9.5 months for the season to start.

Sureshotscott,
Hey man thanks for checking it out, Please bear with us as were new to Podcasting! We have the raw materials to be great but need to figure out how to deliver it with good form! Any input to help us excel would be much appreciated if you ever wanted to comment on the Hunt Different Facebook page I would love to hear what we could do to be better or what interest people may have. Thanks man. Jesse
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am

JesseCoots wrote:
sureshotscott wrote:Thanks always like having another deer hunting podcast to pass time while I wait another 9.5 months for the season to start.

Sureshotscott,
Hey man thanks for checking it out, Please bear with us as were new to Podcasting! We have the raw materials to be great but need to figure out how to deliver it with good form! Any input to help us excel would be much appreciated if you ever wanted to comment on the Hunt Different Facebook page I would love to hear what we could do to be better or what interest people may have. Thanks man. Jesse

Don't know if you saw this, but...

That's true, and that's why I liked that podcast you did last year all about preparation. It was a narrow sliver, but it went deep. I think the beauty of a podcast is to create a complete picture, not by asking the same questions or having the same topics as the others, but diving into the strengths of each guest. Yes, each of you great hunters do it all well, but there are some things that set people apart in terms of approach. I gained a lot out of the high bar you set for yourself when it comes to tuning and shooting proficiency. Put enough deep slices on different topics like that together and pretty soon people have a complete and tasty pie.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:07 am

Wlog wrote:Couldn’t make through a full minute. Glad my kids weren’t with me!

Hey Man I appreciate your Honesty, Its good for me to hear this because I don't always put myself in other peoples shoes. I did a " disclaimer " in our first podcast about how I am not politically correct and Im very honest and straight forward. I wanted to do a podcast where I can be myself and my guests can as well, cussing is language that not all approve of and I can appreciate that however I did mention that I tend to cuss in my 1st ever podcast. Your point is genuinely good for me to note because I should really do a disclaimer at the beginning of every podcast. I have 3 kids and we do everything together, When they ride in the truck with me we tend to listen to what they want listen to and we literally sing the entire time or we simply just talk to eachother so I guess I never thought that someone would listen to a Hunting podcast with Children who have never heard a cuss word. I personally savor our drive time together because its the only time we really have that isn't interrupted and I don't always realize that others may have different situations. I genuinely appreciate your input and believe it or not that little tip I will absorb and put a disclaimer at the beginning of every podcast. Thanks for helping make us better, Im sorry we aren't your cup of tea but I do appreciate your feedback. All the best to you and your family. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:12 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Jesse is a brash, tell it like it is guy with a mouth like a sailor but he really is a good guy. If you are opposed to foul language I would skip his podcasts altogether because that’s just the way he is. In his intro podcast he stated a disclaimer that there will be some foul language. If you can get past that the guy is an absolute killer and one of the best bow hunters I know.

Andy
Hey thanks for the kind words man, Yes I am brash! haha I wanted to start a killer DIY Hunting podcast that was geared for 'How to killing', Not really a childrens show. I know that's rough but its honest. If people want an edge they can tune in, if they are offended they can tune out, either way I understand and appreciate everyones input and will absorb and grow from it. Thanks for being a part of my circle Andy, Honored to rub elbows and trade knowledge with a Cat like you.
Thanks Andy Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:22 am

Kokes wrote:
sureshotscott wrote:
Kokes wrote:Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share - Jesse Coots started a Podcast called Hunt Different with Jesse Coots.

Feel free to update this thread when we can download the mp3 file direct without informing the corporate overlords.

I just posted the YouTube link but you can download directly from iTunes etc as well

Thanks for sharing this dude! I am not very savy at sharing anything and honestly don't even understand what a lot of people are even talking about with the links and such like MP3? I have no idea what that means! haah I know how to get thing dead! Thank you for your actions, Much appreciated! Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:24 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Ridgerunner7 wrote:Jesse is a brash, tell it like it is guy with a mouth like a sailor but he really is a good guy. If you are opposed to foul language I would skip his podcasts altogether because that’s just the way he is. In his intro podcast he stated a disclaimer that there will be some foul language. If you can get past that the guy is an absolute killer and one of the best bow hunters I know.

This is no small vote of confidence.

I'm not averse to foul language most of the time, so I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks Kokes and RR.

This is the mindset that advances you. Thanks for being sharp! Jesse PS Do you mind if I mention this on a upcoming podcast?
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:27 am

I listened to the entire episode with Kaleb Biard. I think Jesse has some charisma, which is essential to be successful. I agree with others though, I would like to see more probing/follow-up questions from Jesse as the host. Kaleb also seemed pretty guarded about getting into any specifics (can't blame a guy in this day and age), but I think that really negates why most people are tuning in to a podcast of this type. I think, in general, the audience is looking more for education than entertainment. I think it has promise though if Jesse tweaks his approach a bit based on the initial feedback. Good luck and I will check out the next one.
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 am

Lockdown wrote:If people want to lose part of their audience due to foul language that’s their choice I guess! Personally, it doesn’t bother me at all.

Lockdown,
Hey man thanks for having an open mind and being a student of everything around you, You have the right mindset in life! We wanted to do a podcast directed towards DIY slayers and weren't trying to do a family oriented show. Love family shows and environments, This isn't one. This is a dedicated group of slayers I am intrigued with who have helped me excel and I have helped excel and we want to encourage others to do so as well and give up some of the tips that help us to accomplish our goals. Strictly directed towards serious dudes who want to excel, not a soccer Mom program and I mean that in a respectful way. Really appreciate your mindset and guys like you tuning in and giving input or asking questions! Thanks man. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:34 am

live2hunt wrote:Profanity doesn’t bother me if the people have something to bring to the table. I will give it a listen and see.

Live2hunt,
You have a winners creed! I feel the same way and appreciate your open mindset. I have learned and absorbed things from Preachers, Hells angels, Lawyers, Doctors, soccer Moms, Butchers etc etc etc. I will study anyone who can back up their topic with authority and success no matter how they deliver the info! Thanks for being an open minded person and for tuning in. Really appreciate any input on how we can get better or what interests guys like yourself. Thanks man. Jesse
JesseCoots

Unread postby JesseCoots » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:36 am

seazofcheeze wrote:I listened to the entire episode with Kaleb Biard. I think Jesse has some charisma, which is essential to be successful. I agree with others though, I would like to see more probing/follow-up questions from Jesse as the host. Kaleb also seemed pretty guarded about getting into any specifics (can't blame a guy in this day and age), but I think that really negates why most people are tuning in to a podcast of this type. I think, in general, the audience is looking more for education than entertainment. I think it has promise though if Jesse tweaks his approach a bit based on the initial feedback. Good luck and I will check out the next one.

Seazofcheeze,
Hey dude thanks for the input and the kind words. I couldn't agree more Im kind of a shitty host as of right now!!! haha Im learning, Andys podcast was only my 3rd, Im not sure exactly how to get across what I want to share but I will excel at this and get better, Really appreciate your feedback. feel free to post any time on the FB page Hunt different with questions or feedback. Thanks for the constructive criticism, I genuinely need and appreciate it. Jesse
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:40 am

JesseCoots wrote:

Andy
Hey thanks for the kind words man, Yes I am brash! haha I wanted to start a killer DIY Hunting podcast that was geared for 'How to killing', Not really a childrens show. I know that's rough but its honest. If people want an edge they can tune in, if they are offended they can tune out, either way I understand and appreciate everyones input and will absorb and grow from it. Thanks for being a part of my circle Andy, Honored to rub elbows and trade knowledge with a Cat like you.
Thanks Andy Jesse

Jesse,

Ryan here from PA. I haven't listened to your new podcast yet but I did listen last year to your wired2hunt ep 200 podcast with Joe and Andy. I am a 50+ hour work week, family man, hockey coach and an average joe bowhunter :lol: . So my time is very limited and I need to be efficient as possible. I really related to everything you had to say and wanted you to know. Efficient killers are the guys I really like to look up as I get older in my 30s now with kids and a wife. I could care less about some 200 a guy on the outdoor channel killed on a managed food plot in Iowa. I killed 2 good bucks on 3 sits last year with the bow and 1 on 9 sits this year, all public. Guys like you had a part in that, so thank you. Please feel free to stop back here on the beast and help us out. Would be nice to go over maps, bedding, wind, strategies on here, I'm sure everyone else would appreciate it to. Thanks again!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”