Episode #1 - Wind and Thermals

• Advertisement

HB Store

JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Hunting Beast Podcast Episode #1 - Wind and Thermals

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Finally got time to listen to it...had to wait all day :D Good stuff, hope there is more coming!

Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:09 pm

The best surprise of the day.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Thank You Mario and Dan!! Awesome information in a real life format!! I have this on my ipod now and can listen to it while driving! Keep it coming!
hoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gary.schwartz.332

Unread postby hoot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 pm

thanx for the podcast. keep em coming. when i 1st joined the beast, Dan had talked about the thermal tunnels, just like in the podcast. One early morning that 1st summer i went to a ridge on public land with conditions like i would expect in fall, cool with the nw wind needed for the thermal tunnel on this ridge. About 45 mins after sunup you could feel the thermals kicking in. I started dropping milkweed and when i got to a certain elevation, you could see the milkweed bouncing back and forth on the thermal tunnel. it was one of the coolest things ive seen and a great learning tool.
im constantly dropping milkweed and its amazing the way the wind and thermals move. i had to chuckle when they talked about dropping it and it goes out and comes back to them, as ive had that happen several times as well.
GloryDaysDesign
Facebook: twitter: @leestrohe

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm

KLEMZ wrote:Thank You Mario and Dan!! Awesome information in a real life format!! I have this on my ipod now and can listen to it while driving! Keep it coming!

KLEMZ you technological genius. How are you saving to your ipod/iphone? Using a desktop first, I take it? This podcast doesn't seem to like my iPhone really. I can play it, but have no control on rewinding etc. It looks like this:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:52 pm

GloryDaysDesign wrote:
KLEMZ wrote:Thank You Mario and Dan!! Awesome information in a real life format!! I have this on my ipod now and can listen to it while driving! Keep it coming!

KLEMZ you technological genius. How are you saving to your ipod/iphone? Using a desktop first, I take it? This podcast doesn't seem to like my iPhone really. I can play it, but have no control on rewinding etc. It looks like this:

I can do some tests on apple devices to see if the problem can be remedied. It is an mp3 file so you should be able to download it and play it with any iphone mp3 player app.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Can't wait to listen to this about ten times this week

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:11 pm

GloryDaysDesign wrote:

Same here on my iPhone.

KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:54 pm

I use a desk top for my itunes library (don't own a smart phone). It is exactly the same as adding mp3 music files...

I am using firefox as my browser

down load the mp3..
select "save"
in the down load tool (upper right arrow), find the file (1433040721.mp3) and select "open containing folder". this brings you to the location of the file on your hard drive.
right click on the file and select "copy"

navigate to "Music" in your libraries, then select "itunes", then select "itunes media", then right click "paste" into "automatically add to itunes"

The podcast is now in the itunes library, locate it and rename the artist to Dan Infalt to help organize things.

I also created a new playlist titled "Beast" where i plan to keep the podcasts all in one place.
GloryDaysDesign

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:00 am

KLEMZ!!!!! awesome man, easy breezy!

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:11 am

Outstanding show Mario and Dan. The high level of detail gone into was just awesome, really sucked me in. I think the podcast medium is great for talking Beast tactics since sometimes it is better to hear someone talk about q topic in detail like you guys did hear. I think this has a ton of this potential for the Beast!

Mario, thanks for talking this on. Dan, always great to go down the deer hunting rabbit hole with you. When you were on the W2H podcast it was obvious there was a lot of potential there to go so much further.

If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
GloryDaysDesign

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 am

Dan/Mario,
Is it possible to give us a topo/satellite visual of the island hunt, and thermal techniques you are talking about? I don't know about others, but I am trying to visualize how this all played out! Thanks! I think it would be great to get a visual as well as the podcast as well. Yes, I am greedy haha... AWESOME JOB.... this has so much potential.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 am

GloryDaysDesign wrote:Dan/Mario,
Is it possible to give us a topo/satellite visual of the island hunt, and thermal techniques you are talking about? I don't know about others, but I am trying to visualize how this all played out! Thanks! I think it would be great to get a visual as well as the podcast as well. Yes, I am greedy haha... AWESOME JOB.... this has so much potential.

We are discussing putting it on youtube as well with diagrams. We film our conversations. This stuff will be in the next DVD as well.
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 am

dan wrote:
GloryDaysDesign wrote:Dan/Mario,

We are discussing putting it on youtube as well with diagrams. We film our conversations. This stuff will be in the next DVD as well.

That would be freakin awesome!!!!!!!
ajsawyer

Unread postby ajsawyer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:36 am

Enjoyed the info on deer's ability to smell, I didn't realize they were more sensitive than bloodhounds. Did a little research and found this interesting article:

http://warnell.forestry.uga.edu/deerpen ... spaper.pdf
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Churchill

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”