Sometimes the Deer Chooses YOU!

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: Sometimes the Deer Chooses YOU!

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:26 pm

seazofcheeze wrote:One more thing I didn't mention, which is a HUGE bummer. I was wearing my GoPro when I left the truck. I turned it on (I thought--it was already on my head) to check the connection to my GoPro app on my phone. The app showed my battery was dead, but I was 90% sure I grabbed a fully charged battery right before I went out. GoPro batteries kind of suck and don't last all that long, so I thought "eh, whatever, its almost 90 degrees, I probably won't see anything worth shooting anyway" and went on my way. What I should have done was take the camera off my head and double check it manually (not through phone app). So, I end up shooting the deer. On the way back to truck to get kill kit, I think "Man, I can't believe stupid battery was dead, that would have been AMAZING footage". I take camera off my head and attempt to turn it on manually using power button on camera and not through the app. To my absolute disgust, it turns on and battery is at 92% :? So, I was wearing a fully charged camera the entire time, and didn't try to turn it on because I assumed after initially trying to turn it on the battery was dead. I am SUPER happy with the buck, but a little soul crushed I was that close to getting it on camera and didn't.

Whatever, it was a great buck and not like you have a You Tube channel or anything to share it anyway. I couldn't resist. Great buck, live and learn. I could never film, hunting is hard enough. Anyone trying to do the filming as well hats off.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:One more thing I didn't mention, which is a HUGE bummer. I was wearing my GoPro when I left the truck. I turned it on (I thought--it was already on my head) to check the connection to my GoPro app on my phone. The app showed my battery was dead, but I was 90% sure I grabbed a fully charged battery right before I went out. GoPro batteries kind of suck and don't last all that long, so I thought "eh, whatever, its almost 90 degrees, I probably won't see anything worth shooting anyway" and went on my way. What I should have done was take the camera off my head and double check it manually (not through phone app). So, I end up shooting the deer. On the way back to truck to get kill kit, I think "Man, I can't believe stupid battery was dead, that would have been AMAZING footage". I take camera off my head and attempt to turn it on manually using power button on camera and not through the app. To my absolute disgust, it turns on and battery is at 92% :? So, I was wearing a fully charged camera the entire time, and didn't try to turn it on because I assumed after initially trying to turn it on the battery was dead. I am SUPER happy with the buck, but a little soul crushed I was that close to getting it on camera and didn't.

Whatever, it was a great buck and not like you have a You Tube channel or anything to share it anyway. I couldn't resist. Great buck, live and learn. I could never film, hunting is hard enough. Anyone trying to do the filming as well hats off.

Haha, yea Lou, it's brutal. This hunt was straight off an episode of Whitetail Adrenaline. Would have been insane footage. Oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda :violin: I'll just have to rely on my memory. I agree with Dan these days though, no one really cares what somebody else shoots.

JAB wrote:Great hunt, write up and buck! Congratulations!!

Thanks JAB, good luck to you this fall!

Grizzlyadam wrote:Congrats!! Way to get it done! Really like the write up on your experience.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I like writing up the stories right after the hunt. I haven't done it yet, but one day I'd like to print out the stories and put them next to my deer if/when I ever get a proper man cave.

Arrowbender wrote:Awesome write-up of an Awesome hunt!
Very Cool Buck is the Ritz for the Cheeze!
Congrats Seaz!

Haha, thanks AB. Hope to see you in the killzone this fall with another whopper.

Findian wrote:Congrats, that’s an awesome way to get it done.

Thanks man, still unbelievable it actually worked out. :dance: Good luck to you this fall!

UncleBuck3268 wrote:Congratulations! Awesome buck. There’s no feeling like it.

Absolutely, that's why we do it. Crazy to think about all the effort for a few minutes of crazy euphoria. Good luck to you this fall!

Ognennyy wrote:Congrats man, what a hunt. I could feel a little juice stirring in me just reading the story.

Tis the season. Good luck this fall!
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:20 am

:clap:
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:54 am

Great buck Seaz...congratulations! You’ve been on fire since leaving Michigan...keep it up man!
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Heard you were on a roll.. they ain’t Lyin !
Good work
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:47 am

I've had a few dumb deer want to jump in between two slices of bread... Spots & all... ;)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:19 am

Late to this party but..... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Matt Gill
500 Club

Unread postby Matt Gill » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Nice write up, congrats on a dandy buck!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:24 am

:clap: congrats seaz
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:08 am

Congrats man! Dandy!
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:46 am

Great buck and an awesome story! On the ground isn't easy-I dont care who you are. That's getting it done man! Great job!
Jsmitty3

Unread postby Jsmitty3 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 am

Great buck awesome story as well
PublicLandOwner529

Unread postby PublicLandOwner529 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:15 am

Thats an awesome hunt. Congrats!!
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 am

One cool buck! Congrats, I love the color on that hide