Alaska exchange

This section of the forum is for people looking to trade or swap hunts, services, or equipment, in exchange for other hunts, services, or equipment.

EXAMPLE: Taxidermist willing to trade deer head mount for deer hunt in Midwest.

**Hunts for sale by outfitters need to be put in the outfitter section of the forum.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Alaskafish

Alaska exchange

Unread postby Alaskafish » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:45 am

My sweetie and I would like to arrange a swap with a rancher/farmer who would like to visit Alaska, stay at our home, be treated like family and be taken out for a three day fishing excursion. Halibut, ling cod, rockfish, cod and salmon (if you come during the run). You and your bride (or friend or other family member) would fly to Anchorage this summer, I'd get you from the airport and take you back again. You'd have a bedroom/bath to yourselves in my home. We'd be on my 26' boat for three days, and fish two full days for two limits. The rest of the week you're here, we can visit the reindeer and muskox farm, walk on the Matanuska Glacier, and all other kinds of cool stuff. I'd even take you into Anchorage for tourist stuff, if that floats your boat. In exchange, we'd like to come for a week at your place, be treated like family in return, and bow hunt deer and/or hogs on your property. This would be our sixth exchange and I have references from each of the prior exchanges. All of them we now call friends. Interested? You can post back here or just me a pm at larry@dvdtech.us. Write back with your ideas and thanks for reading.

seawolf007

Re: Alaska exchange

Unread postby seawolf007 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:57 am

I can offer elk and deer hunting in Idaho.

Is there anything you could offer a Bowhunter in ALaska?
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 pm

That is one heck of an offer...
Alaskafish

Unread postby Alaskafish » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:34 am

Yes, it is a great offer. But most folks are interested in hunting up here, not fishing. Hunting in Alaska is another ball game altogether from fishing. It typically involves lots of time, effort and money to accomplish... plus a very thorough knowledge base. Not only of the critter you are hunting, but also of the environment, the weather conditions and the local people.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Nothing wrong with hunting Alaska, but the fishing is where it is at - and I live in Florida...

Sent a PM.

• Advertisement

Return to “SWAP & TRADE HUNTS”