All Inclusive Texas Hog Hunts

Post Hunts & Leases for sale + Questions about outfitters, leases ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Anacacho
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anacacho-Hunti ... 870496091/

All Inclusive Texas Hog Hunts

Unread postby Anacacho » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Anacacho Hunting has just opened The 7W Ranch for hog hunting. Shot opportunities should be plentiful and the operation prides itself on impeccable service.
See web site: Anacacho Hog Hunts

Hogs.jpg
Hogs at Feeder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Re: All Inclusive Texas Hog Hunts

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 am

Is it really a "hunt" when you're put up in a predetermined spot, in a prebuilt blind, over pre-deployed bait piles and feeders? Or is it just fish in a barrel? Not knocking those who participate. Just don't know that I agree with the vernacular.

:think:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:52 pm

ThePreBanMan wrote:Is it really a "hunt" when you're put up in a predetermined spot, in a prebuilt blind, over pre-deployed bait piles and feeders? Or is it just fish in a barrel? Not knocking those who participate. Just don't know that I agree with the vernacular.

I personally don’t know what this particular outfitter will say but being from the state I will toss u my .02 It’s not exactly like whitetail hunting. The name of the game is killing. A sow gives birth to a ungodly amount of piglets a year. Standard hunting methods just couldn’t put a dent in the population. Folks trap em with high dollar equipment, shoot em from helicopter,Run em with catch dogs, hunt them at night with ungodly technology. I hunt a different part of the state where acorns are king so I can literally hunt them down. By the looks of that pic it’s brush country. Without corn it’s unpredictable for pigs. Paying to come on a hog hunt for a few days would be extremely low odds without it. The end goal is to kill em is why I suspect the corn em up. U want a fish in a barrel hunt a water source in the hot months. I know some might not understand but low odds challenge isn’t what a landowner with a hog problem is thinking about
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:28 pm

ThePreBanMan wrote:Is it really a "hunt" when you're put up in a predetermined spot, in a prebuilt blind, over pre-deployed bait piles and feeders? Or is it just fish in a barrel? Not knocking those who participate. Just don't know that I agree with the vernacular.

Hogs are far more intelligent than deer, a better nose also..... but like Boogeyman stated, they're a problem so killing them is the goal.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:39 am

DaveT1963 wrote:

Hogs are far more intelligent than deer, a better nose also..... but like Boogeyman stated, they're a problem so killing them is the goal.

IDK if intelligent is the word I would use.... They keep coming back to the same feeders where their peers get themselves shot... That’s not intelligent... Maybe nervous, cautions, easily spooked.... But intelligent..... Not so much...

But if they’re such a problem, why do land owners charge people to come kill them? Typically when I have a problem I have to pay to get it fixed....

By asking I’m not insinuating anything , just implying I don’t understand. It’s curious to me.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:

IDK if intelligent is the word I would use.... They keep coming back to the same feeders where their peers get themselves shot... That’s not intelligent... Maybe nervous, cautions, easily spooked.... But intelligent..... Not so much...

But if they’re such a problem, why do land owners charge people to come kill them? Typically when I have a problem I have to pay to get it fixed....

By asking I’m not insinuating anything , just implying I don’t understand. It’s curious to me.

If you have 100 people chomping at the bit to help you out with a problem while they gain something (lots of meat), maybe 2-3 of them are willing to put something in your pocket to be the only ones willing to help you out. Kinda like deer leases. We went from being able to knock on doors to get permission, to offering services around the property, to paying, to paying stupid amounts.

Hunters are making hunting expensive. If someone is charging you to come shoot hogs on their land, its because if you don't pay it, someone else probably will. And if I was that landowner, yeah I'd like to make a little cash on the side if possible. Money makes people act stupid.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 am

I agree with ya Johnny that the hunters set the market. The problem in my state is there’s not much public so if u wanna hunt u gotta dig in your pocket. It costs more to lease a overrun track of land with a once in a life time buck of being 130” then it does for prime Kansas ground. Why? Supply and demand. In most parts of the state the ranches are giant and if folks are gonna pay then they certainly aren’t gonna turn down the money.

I live in a small rural farm town on the other hand. Johnny u could literally knock on any farmers door and get access to hunt hogs or shoot coyotes. Heck some might even offer to pay you! Deer are still a different story.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:09 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:

doesnt really matter what you or I " think:
https://aghires.com/pigs-4th-intelligent-animal/

• Advertisement

Return to “Outfitters Guided Hunts and Leases”