2019 Doe Mount

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Re: 2019 Doe Mount

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:20 am

MichiganMike wrote:
<DK> wrote:
Dewey wrote:Very cool. Not something you see often but would be a unique addition. I always wanted to get a doe mounted but haven’t shot one for almost 15 years.

Id suggest taking one early. I think their early Oct coats are the best and my taxidermist agreed w that. Sometimes (like my first doe) they will still have some red, summer coat hairs.

MichiganMike wrote:that's cool! thanks for sharing. I like that buck too with his ears pinned back- very unique

The left or right buck? Either way thank you. Both were done by separate taxidermists. The Doe and Buck on the right are the same guy. I think he could improve his ears and eyes but he does a okay job and a okay price. The buck on the left was done by an expert

I was thinking the one on the right. Now you mention, I can see Some of the difference. But still, did a nice job and made some unique poses

Thank you man.

I shouldnt talk down about my guy, I was just spoiled w that left buck being so perfect. The buck on the right youre talking about I actually sent him a harvest pic w the look I wanted. This is what I sent him, so he can deliver when I make a request. I asked him to make him look big and I thought this was the best view. He just lets the ears do what they want and doesnt get to crazy w it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”