A 2nd Double Digit Day of Muley Sheds (Video)

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

A 2nd Double Digit Day of Muley Sheds (Video)

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:56 am

We managed another 15 sheds this past weekend! Still unbelievable to find so many :shock: Shawna got her pro card (found a brown spike, the hardest of all antlers to spot!) and I found my biggest deer shed to date, a 70" muley side. We have been really fortunate this shed season!

https://youtu.be/owhJHU8yiCg

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: A 2nd Double Digit Day of Muley Sheds (Video)

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Dude that is awesome !! I would love to spend a day doing that and I love Montana... I've been there a fair amount but never to shed hunt. I did get some absolutely enormous whitetail sheds I used for rattling from Gene Wensel years ago.

Great video guys !

Bridge
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:19 pm

Another great day 8-)
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:19 am

You guys sure are stacking them up. How many do you think are from this year? Also were those from the same area as your last video?
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:36 am

Singing Bridge wrote:Dude that is awesome !! I would love to spend a day doing that and I love Montana... I've been there a fair amount but never to shed hunt. I did get some absolutely enormous whitetail sheds I used for rattling from Gene Wensel years ago.

Great video guys !

Bridge

Thanks Bridge

Lockdown wrote:Another great day 8-)

Everyday in Montana is a great day :lol:

BRoth82 wrote:You guys sure are stacking them up. How many do you think are from this year? Also were those from the same area as your last video?

We found 4 sheds during the last trip that were from this year, and 8 or 9 from this year on the prior trip. The last two videos were both from the same area. It's a pretty large area, and we ran out of stamina before we ran out of room to look on trip #1. We might even go back a third time, but I will probably start spring bear hunting, turkey hunt, or look for elk sheds instead.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:42 am

Awesome video. That's some tough walking. When I lived in Wyoming I thought I was in good shape until I started treaking up and down hills!!
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:51 am

Man that's a lot of sheds in one area, do you think that's their winter range, or are there that many there all year long?
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 am

You're having a heck of a season already! Do you do any trout stream fishing in Montana?
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:11 am

BRoth82 wrote:Man that's a lot of sheds in one area, do you think that's their winter range, or are there that many there all year long?

I'm not sure if they are in there all year or not. It certainly appears to be a wintering area at a minimum. I might try an early season bowhunt there this year to see whats around in September.

Tim H wrote:You're having a heck of a season already! Do you do any trout stream fishing in Montana?

I haven't done a whole lot of fishing, usually shed hunting, scouting, or chasing critters. I did catch a few trout in some alpine lakes last year, but I haven't hit the fishing too hard.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:24 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
BRoth82 wrote:Man that's a lot of sheds in one area, do you think that's their winter range, or are there that many there all year long?

I'm not sure if they are in there all year or not. It certainly appears to be a wintering area at a minimum. I might try an early season bowhunt there this year to see whats around in September.

Tim H wrote:You're having a heck of a season already! Do you do any trout stream fishing in Montana?

I haven't done a whole lot of fishing, usually shed hunting, scouting, or chasing critters. I did catch a few trout in some alpine lakes last year, but I haven't hit the fishing too hard.

Whenever guys talk about Montana they bring up the trout streams. Perhaps it's part of the things to do when you're backpacking.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:15 am

Exactly my thoughts Tim, and that's what I spent most of my time there doing. I absolutely loved catching pure strain cutthroats !!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:14 am

Another great day! Your in no mans land. Do you think people don’t pick them up or is no one walking those lands? When I went to Newfoundland the locals would walk right by sheds and leave them. My guide carried a set of caribou sheds for me while I hunted. lol
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:38 am

Hawthorne wrote:Another great day! Your in no mans land. Do you think people don’t pick them up or is no one walking those lands? When I went to Newfoundland the locals would walk right by sheds and leave them. My guide carried a set of caribou sheds for me while I hunted. lol

I'm not sure if it's due to the area or due to lack of people picking them up. Id guess its more the area because there's no shortage of shed hunters in MT.

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”