Nice!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

go DEEP or go HOME
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Iowa shed hunt...

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 pm

PalmettoKid wrote:Looks like you guys went for a nice ride.

Did the fork g2 buck grow a lot between the shed and when Andrae shot him? From the pic of the shed it looks like a great buck but not quite what Andrae would set his sights on…

That buck was mature, he scored in the 160's (gross) the antler picture is kind of deceiving they are bigger than they look. Andrae targeted that buck cause at the time it was the biggest buck on the farm... It was a bad year last year.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:42 am

Good stuff.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 am

dan wrote:

Did the fork g2 buck grow a lot between the shed and when Andrae shot him? From the pic of the shed it looks like a great buck but not quite what Andrae would set his sights on…

That buck was mature, he scored in the 160's (gross) the antler picture is kind of deceiving they are bigger than they look. Andrae targeted that buck cause at the time it was the biggest buck on the farm... It was a bad year last year.

Almost everyone says that. I also witnessed a down year as did all of my friends. I have found 11 sheds this year and a lot of them will fit in my pocket. Not one good one. Could be a tough year next year also with the harsh winter we had. There is still not much nutrition for the deer to eat. Not whining, just stating a fact.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Cool finds! That main beam buck would be an awesome trophy. I got a shot with my muzzleloader at a big buck once that had a 140-class 4 point side and the other side was a 12" long spike. Unfortunately I missed :?

Stanley wrote:
dan wrote:

Almost everyone says that. I also witnessed a down year as did all of my friends. I have found 11 sheds this year and a lot of them will fit in my pocket. Not one good one. Could be a tough year next year also with the harsh winter we had. There is still not much nutrition for the deer to eat. Not whining, just stating a fact.

I completely agree - this year is shaping up to be about the same. Last year was pretty rediculous, I got dozens of mature bucks on cam from summer to fall and only two that I think were over 150.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Saw this one on Cody's facebook page. Always sickening when you lose a giant with history.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:51 am

Finding a 150" buck this past season was a chore... hope that 2014 is different but I got a bad feeling
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:07 am

Bucky wrote:Finding a 150" buck this past season was a chore... hope that 2014 is different but I got a bad feeling

Same here. If we can avoid late snow and cold like last year and see an early warm up we have a chance....

Things are actually melting a little faster this year so far...

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 am

Andrae and cody found a bunch of the bucks dead this year... Andrae just sent me a text with more dead bucks including the wide heave 10 point I WENT AFTER... To many people lining up on the property lines with guns in my opinion.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:20 am

I was thinking EHD when he said he found it on a creek bed, but gut shot makes sense too. Sad.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:I was thinking EHD when he said he found it on a creek bed, but gut shot makes sense too. Sad.

The way that rack is totally bleached out already I was thinkn EHD as well. Founds lots of dead deer this spring already... pushing 20. Half and half - buck vs doe
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 am

Nice! :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”