Ice Fishing locators

• Advertisement

HB Store

Hilts

Re: Ice Fishing locators

Unread postby Hilts » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 am

got the marcum LX-3, just got my taxes in my account so tomorrow im heading down to cabelas to buy my new marcum the LX-7 CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!also picking up the new VS6 underwater cam !!!

I tried convincing the wife that I needed a new LX7 but it didn't go real well. :roll: Maybe next year.

forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Schultzy give it some time. The LX5 is an outstanding unit. blows the doors off of ANY of the vex's. I am lucky enough to work part time selling locators and flashers and Marcum makes some of the best flashers out there.
if you have any questions on flashers shoot me a PM

BH did you get to Cabelas to pick up your LX7 yet? if not I work sunday over by the flashers, stop by and say hi...
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 am

Vexilar fl-20 ultra pack, I have used it for 3 seasons now and see no need to replace it. I might buy my wife a showdown troller next year for when she goes. Vexilar or Marcum both make an awesome product, problem is Vexilar is getting pretty expensive while not inventing anything new.
seeds

Unread postby seeds » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 am

I have a Vex fl-8,and have had it since Zercom was it's only real competitor. For years I had it mounted on the bow of my Smokercraft during open water months. I eventually wore out the brushes and paid to have the unit rebuilt. I'd never sell it and it still occasionally sees use.

Several years ago i succombed to the temptation to buy the latest,greatest (at the time),new Marcum LX-3. It does have better target seperation but I swear it's not as good as during it's first season.. It used to have great IR....It was in for warranteed repair twice during it's first season,and I paid for repair once since that. I'd still rather use the lx-3 than the fl-8 due to target seperation. However,the toughness and reliability of the Vex mean a lot to me.

I'll go home and skip the first part of prime time rather than fish without a forgotten flasher. I did that last week - a 1 hour turnaound time put me back on the ice 10 minutes after sundown when I'd originally been there an hour earlier.

I will not do two-day (or longer) icefishing trips without my Vexilar as a back-up. I bring an extra battery and two chargers....I removed Marcum's "charging system" and went back to alligator clips. The original charge indicator and plug was a weak spot. It let me down several times before I abandoned it.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 am

forgehunter wrote:Schultzy give it some time. The LX5 is an outstanding unit. blows the doors off of ANY of the vex's. I am lucky enough to work part time selling locators and flashers and Marcum makes some of the best flashers out there.

[glow=red]BH did you get to Cabelas to pick up your LX7 yet? if not I work sunday over by the flashers, stop by and say hi...[/glow]

YES I DID AND IT AWESOME!!!!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:12 am

How about a video review BH? I would be interested in seeing that machine in action....
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 am

Pullintoobs wrote:How about a video review BH? I would be interested in seeing that machine in action....

i could do that ! you will have to wait until mid week when i fish again...but i will make a video to show you how it works !!!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm

The Vexilar FL-18 and FL-22 have a "bottom lock" feature meaning you can use them in an open water application in waves up to 6 feet. I use an FL-18 for ice fishing but I also use it together with my Lowrance HDS when scouting the bottom for walleyes, trolling core (use a transducer on my bow mount trolling motor) and it's great for vertical jigging too- especially when there's a soft bottom...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:45 am

BigHunt wrote:
forgehunter wrote:Schultzy give it some time. The LX5 is an outstanding unit. blows the doors off of ANY of the vex's. I am lucky enough to work part time selling locators and flashers and Marcum makes some of the best flashers out there.

[glow=red]BH did you get to Cabelas to pick up your LX7 yet? if not I work sunday over by the flashers, stop by and say hi...[/glow]

Awsome! i am glad you likt it! 8-)
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 pm

forgehunter wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Awsome! i am glad you likt it! 8-)

there so many different options when using it. the battirey life is amazing!!! its not hard on the eyes like the LX-3
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”