getting your ice jigs free from brush piles

• Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

getting your ice jigs free from brush piles

Unread postby Brad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:25 pm

So I have a buddy that made this down in Kansas, so I cant take credit, however I can tell you how it works. Take a large egg sinker and drill a small hold down the middle lengthwise. Take a small wire thats easy to bend and thread it through the hole, then put a few twists on each end, then next time you get hung up in brush, thread the line into the twists on each end, then when its on your line, pull the line tight, let go of the sinker and just before it is going to hit the jig, loosen up the tension, the sinker will slam into the jig and knock it off, if it doesn't get it the first time shake it and 9 times out of 10 it will knock it loose that way. Saves hundreds of dollars worth of jigs each year.

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: getting your ice jigs free from brush piles

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 am

I do the same thing with my lead depth finder and it usually works. Every now and then you lose one but oh well I spend a dollar on far worse things over the course of the day I can buy a depth finder every now and then because when it works its worth it to not have to tie a new jig on.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”