Best wheeled cooler

Chat about surviving, preventing, and being prepared for emergencies in the Outdoors
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mpacker

Best wheeled cooler

Unread postby mpacker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:41 am

Anyone have any suggestions for a wheeled cooler for camping? Coleman is selling their Xtreme wheeled cooler at $39.32 - $164.48 on Amazon and I am considering it. Always had a Coleman growing up. Any feedback appreciated for these or other brands.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Best wheeled cooler

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 am

I once saw two drunk people ride down a substantial hill riding an Igloo wheeled cooler without crashing, so I guess that's sort of an endorsement...
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Mwbyler7

Unread postby Mwbyler7 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:01 am

I have the igloo Max cold for my boating excursions. Retains cold very well but the size I have doesn't hold alot. I have an RTIC and love it but it's not on wheels and heavy. My next wheeler cooler will be a canyon mule.
Chele

Unread postby Chele » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:21 am

Coleman 5 day cooler...Walmart etc. You might be tempted to get the big one since there are so many of you....don't. It is too hard to keep stuff cold once it empties out a bit. Make sure to get one with a drain plug, that way you can keep adding ice, and its an easy drain procedure without opening the lid.

If you need more space, just get a second cooler of the same medium size.

(also if you get one that the wife and or kids cannot lift.....guess who has to do it all?)
visit my site
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:35 am

These days I think it is 6 of these and a half dozen of the other ones. You can go by the advertised days on them. Most will keep ice a full weekend if not sitting in full sun (I'm in FL).

We had gotten one of the expensive rotomold versions and it works okay and it very sturdy but I still use Coleman products the most, do have a 150 qt Igloo too. I'd say I use 36 and 70 quart versions the most, 150 for fishing and when we are gonna ice multiple deer.

Do you want it wheeled for minor distances or are you hoping to wheel a cooler full or ice and stuff a mile? There are some that seem to have the mile capability on trails or at the beach.

• Advertisement

Return to “Outdoor Survival”