What's in your survival pack?

Chat about surviving, preventing, and being prepared for emergencies in the Outdoors
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 am

This will get long though hopefully will provide a few interesting things others might not have in their packs.

I've seen from the riots in La, Baltamore ,Hurricane Katrina,
Tornado Earthquake possible in my area.
Survival gear is a absolute must in todays society.

I'm not really a prepper though I do think a survival car backpack is a great investment.

Here's mine.

Water
Sawyer mini
2 water bottles connect to Sawyer.
Stainless steel water bottle single wall for boiling water.
50 water purification tabs.

Fire
Mini campstove
100 fuel tablets.
Armageddon fire rods.
3 bic lighters.
Strikers.

Camp
Owl survival hammock.
Paria ultralight tent.
Paria ultralight tarp.
200 foot titan paracord.
50 feet kevlar cord.
Titanium tent stakes.
Blanket.
Gerber saw blades.

First aid.
Band aids.
Emergency tourniquet.
Anti septic wipes.
Bleed stop for gun knife wounds.

Food.
Jar peanut butter.
Mountain house freeze dried lasagna.
Flavored water mixes
Emergen. C energy.
Small rice bag.
Sos bars.
Tuna pouches.

Extras
Mini fishing kit.
Gorilla tape tarp repair if needed.
Gerber recon light.
2 lithium batteries.
Msr cooking pot eating mres and boiling water.
Titanium spoon reliable durable light expensive.

Weapons loud and quiet.
22 pistol in case.
Ammo.
Martin bow not put together.
32 Easton arrows in quiver not in backpack.
32 muzzy broadheads.
2 extra bowstrings.
Bowstring wax.
Buck knife folding.
Mini scissors.
Sog very high quality knife fixed blade.

Clothes.
3d leaf suit.
T shirt coyote brown.
Oros extreme cold jacket worn outside pack in vehicle.
Heavyweight thermal.
Camo pants.
Socks
Boxers
Sitka beanie.

Medicine
Antibiotic
Advil

Believe it or not this fits in a Ll bean backpack.
What's your pack and is their anything I'm missing?
Bought a little at a time over several years.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Re: What's in your survival pack?

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 am

I'm not worried to be honest. It's been said that this year or that year is going to be the end by all sorts of people and the days keep going on. Trump is saving us all. :lol: I guess if I need a pack, I would pack a tooth brush and toilet paper and maybe a few snickers bars.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:51 am

Cant prepair after a disaster only before lol.
I live in a earthquake, tornado area so a packs a must.

Dunno about world ending people been saying that for hundreds of years.

Took 7 days for our government to get water to the Superdome after Katrina human body can die 3 days without water. This alone should have told millions of people the only person you can truly depend on to meet your needs is yourself.

If you ever get into camping with family or hiking. Your set for a great time.
NH Teufelhund

Unread postby NH Teufelhund » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 am

I’m not a preppet and I don’t have a pack or any gear, but I strongly believe the need for one is greater than most people think.

The primary reason is when Leman brothers went under in 08 I saw the utter fear in the eyes of those congressmen and woman. And while it would take a long time to explain and I won’t get into it, rest assured we were very close to a complete and total financial collapse. Senators have quietly admitted to this in the years since the crisis.

I’m talking about electronic finances not working. Now you tell me it won’t get REAL SCARY real quick if all of a sudden people throughout the country swipe their cards and find out they have nothing. That was very close to happening, and in my opinion it would have potentially lead to marshal law and a frightening situation.
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 am

That's what I was going to add to Tennhunters list - a wad of cash. Just enough to get you by for a few days.
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:51 am

Well let's see. Only gun that I see that Tennhunter is carrying is a .22 pistol. This means I only need to pack a rifle and then I can get everything he has in a nice pack that is all neat and organized. :lol:
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:41 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:I'm not worried to be honest. It's been said that this year or that year is going to be the end by all sorts of people and the days keep going on. Trump is saving us all. :lol: I guess if I need a pack, I would pack a tooth brush and toilet paper and maybe a few snickers bars.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but if you're not worried you're just in denial. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population I'm 38 years old. When I was a child I remember learning in school that there were 5 billion people on the earth. Now we're just shy of 8 billion people. That number is going nowhere but up. And before someone looks at that article and says "The article says the growth rate is expected to decrease", that's referring to the rate at which the population is growing, not the population itself.

Our population is growing absolutely unchecked. We're molesting nature for anything and everything that we want, building pipelines everywhere (North Dakota in recent years), building mines (MN border waters), logging huge tracts of forests for pulp and bringing more species to the brink of destruction (tigers for example, < 1000 left in the wild), all in the name of $$$ and making more humans. It's basic mammal nature to do these things. The issue with humans is that we're too good at the game of life.

Resources on this planet are limited. Normally in scenarios of limited resources organisms will fight over those resources. This is basic ecosystem dynamics of every species in existence. In "modern civilization" humans mostly have cease-fire agreements because we have systems in place to make sure our basic human needs are met, so we are calm and non-violent. The day will come when our population will exceed this planet's carrying capacity, meaning there will not be enough resources to support the population. When that happens society will collapse and people will either fight for their survival or die.

There is nothing you, or anyone else can do about that; this is a 100% inevitability. If you need to not believe that in order to sleep at night, well that's fine. But it will still happen someday regardless.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:I'm not worried to be honest. It's been said that this year or that year is going to be the end by all sorts of people and the days keep going on. Trump is saving us all. :lol: I guess if I need a pack, I would pack a tooth brush and toilet paper and maybe a few snickers bars.

Yep just roll with it, why worry? If this place goes to he11 well we are all screwed anyway so don't waste a minute worrying about it because its out of your control anyway. Just live life, enjoy your time here, get in the woods and be happy!!! With that said I do keep some extra food and water in the basement just in case there is some kind of crisis but that is as far as my planning goes.

When I hunt I try to alwasy have a phone, lighter, knife and compass on me, that is about it.

We have covered this in a few other threads but in all honest the world is getting better and better, less wars, crime is going down every year, scince is making huge strides to make things easier for all of us. The only thing that is getting worse is the political fighting and media shoving the worst of the worst news in our face every single day. I read an article once that said when murder and crime rates where droppign in the 90's that the media reporting of murder went up 400%, I can't find the article any longer but that makes perfect sense to me based on what I see. The problem there is the media trying to tell us everything is getting worse, why in the heck are they doing this and what is their agena because it is beyond strange. Also I know we have a lot of faithful people here so I say put you faith is something greater than life here on earth and know there is probably some great cosmic plan in play here. Let the negative stuff slide and focus on the good in the world and you will be much happier and be better prepaired to help those in need if things do get a little crazy.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 am

NH Teufelhund wrote:I’m not a preppet and I don’t have a pack or any gear, but I strongly believe the need for one is greater than most people think.

The primary reason is when Leman brothers went under in 08 I saw the utter fear in the eyes of those congressmen and woman. And while it would take a long time to explain and I won’t get into it, rest assured we were very close to a complete and total financial collapse. Senators have quietly admitted to this in the years since the crisis.

I’m talking about electronic finances not working. Now you tell me it won’t get REAL SCARY real quick if all of a sudden people throughout the country swipe their cards and find out they have nothing. That was very close to happening, and in my opinion it would have potentially lead to marshal law and a frightening situation.

I agree 100%. Some people just like to live with their head buried in the sand thinking nothing will ever happen to them and the government will help them out if something does. Better have a lot of cash on hand just in case. ATM and credit card would be useless no matter how much money you have.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:43 am

cspot wrote:Well let's see. Only gun that I see that Tennhunter is carrying is a .22 pistol. This means I only need to pack a rifle and then I can get everything he has in a nice pack that is all neat and organized. :lol:

Can't exactly drive around day to day with high caliber. This is just my everyday carry vehicle backpack.

Pistol 22 can provide emergency food squirrels rabbits and some protection. Its light enough to put in pack.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 am

Dewey wrote:
NH Teufelhund wrote:I’m not a preppet and I don’t have a pack or any gear, but I strongly believe the need for one is greater than most people think.

I agree 100%. Some people just like to live with their head buried in the sand thinking nothing will ever happen to them and the government will help them out if something does. Better have a lot of cash on hand just in case. ATM and credit card would be useless no matter how much money you have.

Yeah but if the government finds over 1k in your home they say it is illegally made and confiscated. Your right never put all your eggs in one basket. I do keep some emergency cash around though in a bad situation bic lighters . Band aids. Alcohol . Ammo will be worth more then any amount of paper.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 am

Dewey wrote:

If it gets that bad, bullets will be more valuable than cash.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 am

A little extra cash like Dewey mentioned isn't a terrible idea either, like he said if and when CC's and cash machine go down you still might need to guy things. I don't keep a ton of cash in the house but enough to get by for a lil while. I think I posted in another thread that the FDIC only has like 25billion in total cash but all the bank deposits in the US are around 9 Trillion, don't quote me on that just going on memory but if there is a run on banks like the 1929 crash there is just no way to get your money out and trying could bring on more trouble if people go nutz. Who knows if anything of this crap will happen but given the shady nature of our government and big corporations that kind of run the show anything is possible.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:
Dewey wrote:

If it gets that bad, bullets will be more valuable than cash.

Liquor will be one of the greatest trade commodities you could have. Cash will be worthless.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:What's in your survival pack?
This will get long though hopefully will provide a few interesting things others might not have in their packs.

I've seen from the riots in La, Baltamore ,Hurricane Katrina,
Tornado Earthquake possible in my area.
Survival gear is a absolute must in todays society.

I'm not really a prepper though I do think a survival car backpack is a great investment.

Here's mine.

Water
Sawyer mini
2 water bottles connect to Sawyer.
Stainless steel water bottle single wall for boiling water.
50 water purification tabs.

Fire
Mini campstove
100 fuel tablets.
Armageddon fire rods.
3 bic lighters.
Strikers.

Camp
Owl survival hammock.
Paria ultralight tent.
Paria ultralight tarp.
200 foot titan paracord.
50 feet kevlar cord.
Titanium tent stakes.
Blanket.
Gerber saw blades.

First aid.
Band aids.
Emergency tourniquet.
Anti septic wipes.
Bleed stop for gun knife wounds.

Food.
Jar peanut butter.
Mountain house freeze dried lasagna.
Flavored water mixes
Emergen. C energy.
Small rice bag.
Sos bars.
Tuna pouches.

Extras
Mini fishing kit.
Gorilla tape tarp repair if needed.
Gerber recon light.
2 lithium batteries.
Msr cooking pot eating mres and boiling water.
Titanium spoon reliable durable light expensive.

Weapons loud and quiet.
22 pistol in case.
Ammo.
Martin bow not put together.
32 Easton arrows in quiver not in backpack.
32 muzzy broadheads.
2 extra bowstrings.
Bowstring wax.
Buck knife folding.
Mini scissors.
Sog very high quality knife fixed blade.

Clothes.
3d leaf suit.
T shirt coyote brown.
Oros extreme cold jacket worn outside pack in vehicle.
Heavyweight thermal.
Camo pants.
Socks
Boxers
Sitka beanie.

Medicine
Antibiotic
Advil

Believe it or not this fits in a Ll bean backpack.
What's your pack and is their anything I'm missing?
Bought a little at a time over several years.

What you could add is a 110 conibear trap. They are small, lightweight and work to catch food while you are doing other things.

• Advertisement

Return to “Outdoor Survival”