First Aid Kit

Chat about surviving, preventing, and being prepared for emergencies in the Outdoors
  • Advertisement

HB Store

screaming eagle

Re: First Aid Kit

Unread postby screaming eagle » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Wanted to share something that I have never seen or heard anywhere and I have been using them for yrs. Old or new pantyhose or nylon stockings. My wife has a job that requires her to occasionally dress up and when she gets a run in her panty hose or nylon stocking , it goes in my bad of stuff. I have yet to find anything as light or as useful for what it can do. In survival kits it is amazing for tie offs, layering wraps where you can just tuck it, you can fill them with things if need be and they are incredibly strong. I use them to tie all my stuff on my Lonewolf stands and they are incredibly quiet. Give it a try and you will be hooked!. God bless and stay safe out there.

Jonny
500 Club

Re: First Aid Kit

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:37 am

I usually have some duct tape and super glue with me. My dad is on blood thinners and these are the best at stopping the bleeding for him, so I always have it on me. Bandaids for him are a waste of time.

Most of my cuts around the house I just super glue and cover with a strip of duct tape. Looks manlier and once the super glue starts to fall apart, the cut is plenty healed where you don't need anything else.

For a larger cut, I would sacrifice a shirt and just duct tape that tightly on the cut.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Outdoor Survival”