Stevens Point WI ducks

Waterfowl, upland birds, crows ect. If it has wings talk about it here.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

snofreak

Stevens Point WI ducks

Unread postby snofreak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 am

Just wondering if anyone would wanna point a poor college kid in the direction of some good duck spots around the Stevens Point area? Not asking for anyones hotspots just looking to get out and get on a few ducks in my free time. I'm sure there are some pretty good spots around the river but I'm a little limited without a boat haha. Thanks in advance!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Stevens Point WI ducks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 am

Welcome to the BEAST Snofreak... Not familliar with that area. Sorry. I am sure someone will give you a spot or two though...
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I live in point as well and its hard to get into the ducks. Not hard, but it takes more time and effort than the daily bag limit of 6 is worth in my opinions. The serious guys get the birds and there's alot of serious guys in this part of the state. Best bet would be Mead Wildlife Area. Its maybe a 20min ride from school and there's plenty of potholes and jump shooting to be had but I'd stick to week days. Also there's load of backwater boat launches and access points to the river south of Lake Dubay and the WI river that are rarely ever occupied a guy could probably hunt and do some good. My buddies take their jon boat up and down the river and chase the ducks off the water, throw out decoys, go hide on shore and wait for the ducks to come back-thats when they have their best success. good luck
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 pm

i recieved my BS in Point, i'd head over to the Mead

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:57 pm

if you want to make the trip north to marshfield just north of there is mcmillan wildlife area...early season during goose hunting we saw literally thousands of mallards flying in there and landing...just be careful a decent chunk of it is refuge
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Flying Critters”