Porcupines

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

218er
500 Club

Re: Porcupines

Unread postby 218er » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:48 pm

I snuck up to one in some thick stuff while trailing a bear last year. I was very surprised when I saw it’s face. I know out west they can’t stand them due to tree loss but I’m pretty indifferent. Slow little buggers.

Persistence is undefeated.
VilasCo

Unread postby VilasCo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:53 pm

Ryan Lampers cooked one up on the Gritty YouTube channel and it looked delicious. I might give one a try if the opportunity presents itself, plenty of them around my neck of the woods.
Bowtech1

Unread postby Bowtech1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:54 pm

Tan the hides and put them on tree stand seats that were left on public land too long :whistle:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:34 am

headgear wrote:I think I read somewhere that they are one of the few animals that can be eaten raw like sushi, I am a big sushi fan but I have yet to try it. Like dan said, they have their place, I have run into 40's where all the tree bottoms were eaten up but the trees kept on growing, I'm not shooting something unless i eat it so I jsut let them go. I know people hate wolves around here too but they beautiful animals and if you are lucky enough to see them hunt deer you can learn a lot from them. They know the bedding areas well I will say that much.

That’s why I don’t shoot coyotes. I mean I’m sure with enough chili or taco seasoning and a 30 pack they are more than edible, but shooting to just kill isn’t hunting.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”