• Advertisement

HB Store

KRONIIK
500 Club

Re: Everglades snake hunt?

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:25 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:I’ve watched the TV show go after them and always scratched my head why they catch em the way they do. Suppose for Hollywood effect. But in a game of money they waste a lot of time.

As a kid/young adult I use to partake in a rattlesnake round up competition held annually in Sweetwater, Tx. Made homemade “catchers” out of pvc pipe, cat 5 cable, and a broomstick handle. Run a loop through the pvc, tie it to the handle and presto. Get that loop over the snake rare back on the handle, throw that sucker in a onion sack and press on.

That's a good idea.
At least it would keep the fangly head away from you.

With your snake handling experience; what's would be the biggest python you'd be willing to tackle by yourself?

My snake handling experience is that of a meathead. I dang near lost my foot from a bacteria infection I got from getting bit by a non venomous snake.

Personally if I was hunting pythons I would first line up some alternative buyers who specialize in bow backing, hatbands, belts, boots, etc.... Then I would handle my business with a 12 gauge shotgun.

Well these guys are meatheads too, so your advice is all the more pertinent!

That pretty much underscores all my thoughts on the matter...no way I'd grab even a small one.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:58 pm

KRONIIK wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:I’ve watched the TV show go after them and always scratched my head why they catch em the way they do. Suppose for Hollywood effect. But in a game of money they waste a lot of time.

As a kid/young adult I use to partake in a rattlesnake round up competition held annually in Sweetwater, Tx. Made homemade “catchers” out of pvc pipe, cat 5 cable, and a broomstick handle. Run a loop through the pvc, tie it to the handle and presto. Get that loop over the snake rare back on the handle, throw that sucker in a onion sack and press on.

That's a good idea.
At least it would keep the fangly head away from you.

With your snake handling experience; what's would be the biggest python you'd be willing to tackle by yourself?

My snake handling experience is that of a meathead. I dang near lost my foot from a bacteria infection I got from getting bit by a non venomous snake.

Personally if I was hunting pythons I would first line up some alternative buyers who specialize in bow backing, hatbands, belts, boots, etc.... Then I would handle my business with a 12 gauge shotgun.

Well these guys are meatheads too, so your advice is all the more pertinent!

That pretty much underscores all my thoughts on the matter...no way I'd grab even a small one.

Not sure exactly how to take this but all good :lol: My dad was a Vietnam Green Barrett and I had 6 older brothers. Fear of snakes was the least of my problems. I remember around the age of 12 taking a nap on the couch and feeling something tickle my lips. Was my older brother holding a rat snake in my face with its tongue tickling my lips.

I don’t have a fear of snakes they just wanna be left alone. Now jacking with em leaves me guilty as charged. But rattlesnakes are my favorite which often are folks most feared. For me rattlesnakes give u a warning shot so u will back up and leave them alone. In my area copperheads are the bad ones. They blend in so well, and while sunbathing in a trail a whitetail enthusiast often steps on one while scouting.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 pm

I'm not well versed in the topic but I follow Python Cowboy on IG and Youtube. Some pretty crazy stuff he does. Seemed like it was super regulated and not everyone qualified for the bounty, only certified people. I know for awhile there if he used his dog to aide in catching them they didn't qualify for the bounty but he skins, fleshes and sells the skins. The Iguanas look like his real money maker.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 am

Interesting stuff.
Thanks for all the feedback, Fellas!

I'll update if they actually go down there and do it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”