GoHunt Insider

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Evanszach7
500 Club

GoHunt Insider

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:05 am

Anybody have experience with GoHunt Insider? I'll be new to elk hunting. Thinking of pulling the trigger on it, and maybe elk101.

kripp53

Re: GoHunt Insider

Unread postby kripp53 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:17 am

If you have never hunted elk out west before, and know nothing about elk hunting I think the elk101 course was a good introduction to elk hunting.

If I hunt out west I will always have GoHunt. It is totally worth the information they give you for draw units and OTC units. You can filter units based on hunting pressure, success, bull/cow ratio, and a lot of other good intel. I use this as a DIY hunter.

If I was hunting with some other experienced guys I would probably just follow what they are doing and going. However since I am planning on hunting every year and I plan all of my trips I think GoHunt is a great resource.
cjw5136

Unread postby cjw5136 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 am

I bought Elk101 first then talked myself into getting GoHunt. There’s a promo code in Elk101 to use when buying a GoHunt membership that gets you $50 to the Elk101 shop. I used that to get some elk calls. GoHunt can be addicting tho lol
Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Unread postby Rsnyder » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 pm

Going this year for my first elk hunt as well. I recommend Elk 101 and am strongly considering GoHunt. Good luck and keep us posted. Happy Mew Year all!
Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Unread postby Rsnyder » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 pm

Forgot Elk101 20% off w/ Elk Talk as code.
Usi05

Unread postby Usi05 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:17 pm

I love it. I use it a lot. I think my group of friends does a nice job of using it to find easy access (otc) elk hunting and we have been successful at it last two years. Killed bulls in areas with very low success rates. I’ve only elk hunted two years.

Really only tried it because I got it free from a friend.

Also really enjoyed the elk101 stuff but another situation where I didn’t have to pay. I would recommend both to help with learning curve for anyone who travels across country to hunt out west. I also found I became a better deer hunter when I applied elk concepts from OTC units to whitetail hunting.
camelcluch
500 Club

Unread postby camelcluch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 am

They are both good sources with different info. GoHunt is all info that can be found for free but they put it into one easy place to read and view. If you are planning on hunting with a group maybe split the cost to ease the pain a bit.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 am

How does go hunt compare to toprut?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
camelcluch
500 Club

Unread postby camelcluch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:53 pm

GoHunt has much more information. Access, public lands info, animal density and expectations are just a few. GoHunt just puts all this in an easy format and saves time trying to find it all.
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 am

Evanszach7 wrote:Anybody have experience with GoHunt Insider? I'll be new to elk hunting. Thinking of pulling the trigger on it, and maybe elk101.

Go hunt has a 7 day free trial going on currently where you can check out and use the insider features. It's a big help in trying to figure out draw odds and application strategy. This year was my first time doing a western hunt. Some of the regulations and draw processes were pretty complicated compared to Ohio. It can be overwhelming. GoHunt helped sort through it all. Helped determine where it's possible to hunt this year and places I need to get points to draw in future seasons. Randy Newberg has some youtube videos as well about how to hunt elk every season that I found helpful.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:20 am

Just remember that you and a bunch of other subscribers will be following their advice. We had an antelope unit get 1,000 applications total the 2020 draw period.

I prefer to do the research by hand - do up a matrix of requirements/wants and start filling them in. Nothing you can't get from Go Hunt, On X, Eastman's, etc. But I own the research and know what gets learned during the process.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:26 am

I love it. I wish they had more info on non western states. I also wish they had a walkthrough of each state and how to apply for points or apply for permit. Either way once you figure out which state you want to hunt, don’t sleep on getting in touch with wildlife biologists. They know the real info

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”