Guided elk hunt recommendations

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kane0928
Facebook: Alexander James kane

Guided elk hunt recommendations

Unread postby Kane0928 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:40 am

I don't have the opportunity to go out west every year or a group of guys familiar with that style of hunting and wanted to try a guided hunt. Was seeing if anyone had any thoughts or successful hunts guided I'm open to all States and options and just wanting a honest outfitter to book with.

brkissl82
500 Club

Re: Guided elk hunt recommendations

Unread postby brkissl82 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am

I'm also curious about this. I was looking into a semi guided
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 am

Just get plenty of references. Not just from hunters that had success, but mainly from those that didn't! Remember your buying an experience, not an animal!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
The Mediocre Hunter

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:40 am

Kane0928 wrote:I don't have the opportunity to go out west every year or a group of guys familiar with that style of hunting and wanted to try a guided hunt. Was seeing if anyone had any thoughts or successful hunts guided I'm open to all States and options and just wanting a honest outfitter to book with.

I have zero experience with elk hunting, buy do want to eventually try it. If I ever did save up for a guided hunt I would look into Remi Warren and Janis Putellis. Remi is a proffesional DIY public hunter but also guides when he's not hunting. And Janis is a producer of Zero point Zero productions but I believe still does some guiding. I think Remi guides in Montana and Janis in Colorado. Although they may be "famous" I think that they might do market price for guided hunts but I can not promise that as I've never priced them.
camelcluch
500 Club

Unread postby camelcluch » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I would start with finding the state you would like to hunt with. Then search the outfitters in the area that hunt a style you like. However, I would not count out the diy. Much easier than you think and plenty of available info out there for you. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”