A Crappie Life

• Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: A Crappie Life

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:04 am

Finally got a day off and figured I would go fishing. Conditions stunk! Night temps dropped into the 30s with a stiff 25mph wind. Will be the only day I can go this week so I said screw it im going anyway. Held off til 11:30 to let it warm up a little bit b4 I plunge in the water. Decided on a long slew that branched off the main cove. I don’t fish this spot much but it’s close to the house and got me out of the wind. Beats working!

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Nice! Spent day at work.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am

Ok, I lied. What can I say I’m weak!

Caught this 4 pounder while crappie fishing. You want a fight! Go get u a 10ft ultra lite rod, no reel, and 12 inches of line hanging down. Got real serious for a second there ha!

Happy Easter tomorrow everyone.....
-John Wayne-
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:48 am

You having fish for Easter? Happy Easter!
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:52 am

Ghost Hunter wrote:You having fish for Easter? Happy Easter!

Actually yes! Lol My parents and brothers families are all coming over for a fish fry.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am

-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am

One more time lol. It’s on now. Should be pretty easy Pickens for the next month. Yabba Dabba Doo....

-John Wayne-
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am

With all the fish you’ve caught, I’m betting you can filet a crappie in 16 seconds.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 am

Lockdown wrote:With all the fish you’ve caught, I’m betting you can filet a crappie in 16 seconds.

Lol I don’t know bout 16 seconds but I’m pretty quick. A limit of 25 takes me about 15 minutes.

I never did a lemonade stand as a kid. Instead I set up a fish cleaning table at the biggest marina on the lake. I had bags and everything. I charged 25cents a fish and for a kid I made a killing. In fact I did so well the marina kicked me out and stole my idea. Sharp, flexible knife, and a level table is the only real secrets.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:14 am

Cashed in 2 vacation days for today & tomorrow and found myself once again in hot pursuit of the ever elusive crappie.

Believe this big one is bigger than the last one I caught. Didn’t bother weighing her just took a pic and sent her on her way.

Fun morning and I even made it home in time for a fresh lunch!
-John Wayne-
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 am

Looks good Boogie! I think it's safe to say over a thousand crappie have died at boogies hand.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am

That fish fry looks perfect 8-)
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:06 am

Tsom wrote:Looks good Boogie! I think it's safe to say over a thousand crappie have died at boogies hand.

1,000 per year ;)
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 am

Tsom wrote:Looks good Boogie! I think it's safe to say over a thousand crappie have died at boogies hand.

Man that just sounds bad :lol: I eat a lot of fish don’t get me wrong. But my ability to go requires me to get permission to park from numerous people with lake front homes. Crappie meat is my biggest bargaining factor, same for hunting privileges. Then both me and my wife’s family are fish hounds who always want a bag. I donate the fish for a local FFA fundraiser every May. I love to go and it feels good to give so always viewed it as a win win. Up till maybe 12 years ago we didn’t even have a limit. Size nor quantity. You talk about loading up a boat lol.

Personally don’t think fisherman effect the population here at all. Wasn’t until they stocked this lake with Hybrid Stripers and Bluecats when we seen a decline in numbers and limits were set. I throw a lot of fish back to and don’t always keep them. But the truth is there are times I need more fish than I can catch.
-John Wayne-
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:35 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:

Man that just sounds bad :lol: I eat a lot of fish don’t get me wrong. But my ability to go requires me to get permission to park from numerous people with lake front homes. Crappie meat is my biggest bargaining factor, same for hunting privileges. Then both me and my wife’s family are fish hounds who always want a bag. I donate the fish for a local FFA fundraiser every May. I love to go and it feels good to give so always viewed it as a win win. Up till maybe 12 years ago we didn’t even have a limit. Size nor quantity. You talk about loading up a boat lol.

Personally don’t think fisherman effect the population here at all. Wasn’t until they stocked this lake with Hybrid Stripers and Bluecats when we seen a decline in numbers and limits were set. I throw a lot of fish back to and don’t always keep them. But the truth is there are times I need more fish than I can catch.

No that's great when you can catch enough consistently to feed the family and others. It's impressive!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”