Hayward Wisconsin fishing

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DhD
500 Club

Hayward Wisconsin fishing

Unread postby DhD » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Posted on the FB group, but I figured I would here as well: As it says in the title I am heading to the Hayward area next Sunday for some Muskie/Walleye/Smallie fishing. Any beasts from the area? This will be my first time in Wisconsin other than at an airport. Any advice on places to check out would be appreciated! Might have to sneak in a little scouting just to check out these Wisconsin deer everyone always talks about.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
matt1336
500 Club

Re: Hayward Wisconsin fishing

Unread postby matt1336 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:06 am

Check out Tom Boly on YouTube. He’s a guide in that area and puts a lot of content on YouTube about the lake around there. You’re not going to find a whole lot of impressive deer info up there. There’s not a lot of farms. It’s mostly big woods.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:23 am

matt1336 wrote:Check out Tom Boly on YouTube. He’s a guide in that area and puts a lot of content on YouTube about the lake around there. You’re not going to find a whole lot of impressive deer info up there. There’s not a lot of farms. It’s mostly big woods.

Thanks!! It's really nice to get an idea of some of the presentations that seem to work consistently. Much appreciated.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:26 am

DhD wrote:
matt1336 wrote:Check out Tom Boly on YouTube. He’s a guide in that area and puts a lot of content on YouTube about the lake around there. You’re not going to find a whole lot of impressive deer info up there. There’s not a lot of farms. It’s mostly big woods.

Thanks!! It's really nice to get an idea of some of the presentations that seem to work consistently. Much appreciated.

Yeah. I’m not a great angler so I’ve learn plenty from watching him. He does a good job teaching tips and techniques. he guides up there too. Sometimes booking a local guide for half a day takes a lot of the guess work out of fishing on your own on new water. Some guys like learning on their own too. Have fun up there!

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”