Coyote attack?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buttonbuck
500 Club

Re: Coyote attack?

Unread postby buttonbuck » Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm

dan wrote:there was a guy on the Facebook beast page that was in Georgia a couple weeks ago waiting for a friend at a public land parking lot. he walked down by some water on a point and when he turned to walk back there was a coyote sitting in the trail watching him blocking his path. he stomped and yelled and it wouldnt move so he tried walking around it and it ran over and grabbed his leg and he triped and it rippen up his leg pretty good. All he had was a small folding knife and while it was on him he pinned it to the ground and stabbed it in the neck to kill it... It turned out to have rabies. He had a bad reaction to the rabies shots. I tried reaching out to his wife, but got no response as to how he was doing.

The amount of people that aren’t armed 24/7 is surprising. Im sitting at my counter eating and have Springfield Hellcat with 14 9mm rounds on me now.

A police helicopter just flew over on a man hunt and I gave my self a pat on the back (what if they ran through my back door, into my house). Maybe it’s cause of the Army or Pulp fiction but I wont sit on my toilet without a pistol.

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:16 pm

The last buck I shot i had a pack of coyotes come up on me while dragging him out in the dark. They were on 3 sides of me and I had blood on me from gutting the deer.

I ditched the buck walked to the truck while yelling grabbed my rifle and had another person go with me to retrieve the buck. They never got closer then 70 yards but it was not a fun thing the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

I'll definitely carry a pistol when I drag deer out from now on.

With the current world situation falling apart. I'm pretty much always armed now anyway. Bugout bag with a pistol stays with me most of the time.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Thu May 27, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Elite
500 Club

Unread postby Elite » Thu May 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:The last buck I shot i had a pack of coyotes come up on me while dragging him out in the dark. They were on 3 sides of me and I had blood on me from gutting the deer.

I ditched the buck walked to the truck while yelling and grabbed my rifle and had another person go with me to retrieve the buck. They never got closer then 70 yards but it was not a fun thing.

I'll definitely carry a pistol when I drag deer out from now on.

With the current world situation I'm always armed now anyway. Bugout bag with a pistol stays with me 24,7.

My FIL sat with a doe I shot while I went to the house 400 yards away, last mid November. While I was retrieving the deer cart, he had a coyote sneak up to him and got within 10 yards before spooking and running off. It’s creepy how scareless they’ve become!

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”