52 Wolves in First Day

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: 52 Wolves in First Day

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:58 pm

P&YBuck1 wrote:Sorry but look at Isle Royal, touted as the perfect balance between wolf vs prey and look what happened. Yes it is a small sample size but it was touted to show how nature kept things in balance.

Also, you never hear of this with wolves? Disease they can spread not only to themselves but livestock, humans, etc. Why do they tell people to stay out of wintering yards and leave deer, elk, etc. alone due to stress. A wolf is not going to stop. A wolf is a year round predator that needs to kill to survive period. They will keep killing until disease or lack of game takes their numbers down.

Bottom line, we 'man' have taken up prime habitat of many animals so we need to try and do our part as stewards of the land. We don't mind wolves but they need to be controlled, so we are not wiping them out. Remember the 'science' that we get shoved down our throats has two sides to it, can't just listen to the controlled narrative science that is out there... Oh ya, and use a little common sense since most of us spend more time in the environment of these animals then our so called digital experts.

All we ask is balance and honesty since told they told us we would only allow 250-350 wolves in Wi.

Very good points.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
headgear wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:I would be inclined to defer to the state agency tasked with wildlife management. To the extent of my knowledge, no one else has wildlife biologists in the field...

That said, I find it interesting that you're willing to accept their explanation and even cite them as a source when it fits your narrative, but discard their population estimates, management plans, and overall competence when they have something to say that doesn't fit your narrative.... :think:

To be fair the MN DNR did a moose study when the population was crashing and the wolves were responsible for about half of all moose deaths. However that was during a time when the deer population was crashing hard and we had an insane numbers of wolves around here. Most things have balanced out a bit since then, moose and deer are slowly coming back.

Mother nature is perfect in her design. It's only when humans start to try to manage things, that things get screwed up.

No doubt about that, sometimes I think nature moves slower than we would like and our own interventions make things worse. I also think people need to understand that wolves will move onto another food source before they completely deplete the deer in a given area. More than likely the big wolf problem is smaller acreage hunters getting all crabby about the wolves pushing deer off their land for a week when they want to hunt, adapt or die people.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 am

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”