Minneapolis Cougar

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Minneapolis Cougar

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:26 am

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Re: Minneapolis Cougar

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 am

I heard about this, not a good spot for a Cougar to roaming around
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 am

Those were some meaty paws :?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:49 am

There have been sightings too in St Croix and Pierce counties here in Wisconsin over the years.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:10 am

The DNR confirmed that it’s really not a cougar, just a big house cat. Cougars don’t exist in the midwest. :liar:

:lol:
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:39 am

Dewey wrote:The DNR confirmed that it’s really not a cougar, just a big house cat. Cougars don’t exist in the midwest. :liar:

I get the joke :D but is it that there is little evidence of resident cougar populations, or it it the DNRs trying to build a narrative?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:The DNR confirmed that it’s really not a cougar, just a big house cat. Cougars don’t exist in the midwest. :liar:

I get the joke :D but is it that there is little evidence of resident cougar populations, or it it the DNRs trying to build a narrative?

I am so glad you guys brought this up! I always think it’s strange how the DNR reacts to these instances? Why are they so quick to say that mountain lions are just passing through and that they don’t call places like Minnesota or Wisconsin home??
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 am

We have a similar scnerio here in the south
Sailfish_WC <-- Deer watcher
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 am

NorthStar wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

I am so glad you guys brought this up! I always think it’s strange how the DNR reacts to these instances? Why are they so quick to say that mountain lions are just passing through and that they don’t call places like Minnesota or Wisconsin home??

My point exactly
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:53 am

The MN DNR always says it that must be a bobcat when someone reports they saw a cougar. They should get excited, it’s another species for them to mismanage.
Persistence is undefeated.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:36 pm

218er wrote:The MN DNR always says it that must be a bobcat when someone reports they saw a cougar. They should get excited, it’s another species for them to mismanage.

----------
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
218er wrote:The MN DNR always says it that must be a bobcat when someone reports they saw a cougar. They should get excited, it’s another species for them to mismanage.

BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:09 pm

I like how they say their sending it in to have an autopsy perform to see if it was a wild cat or one that escaped captivity. Just check to see if it has claws, all of the ones in captivity have to have their claws removed... But this gives them a way to say it escaped captivity.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:38 pm

BRoth82 wrote:I like how they say their sending it in to have an autopsy perform to see if it was a wild cat or one that escaped captivity. Just check to see if it has claws, all of the ones in captivity have to have their claws removed... But this gives them a way to say it escaped captivity.

Every time that I read something like that it seems to me that they’re either incompetent or lying about cougars.
----------
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:47 pm

:lol: :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”