Minneapolis Cougar

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swamp Stache

Re: Minneapolis Cougar

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:59 pm

I've always wondered why the dnr is so reluctant to admit we may have a small population. We have wolves and bears whats the big deal to admit cats?

It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
BorealBushMN

Re: Minneapolis Cougar

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:21 am

When I saw the title of this thread I expected to open it and see some middle-age babe strolling the streets of Hennepin Ave! :lol:

While the MN DNR deserves a lot of the gruff they receive, I don't think I've ever heard any of the top brass ever deny any confirmed lion sightings in MN. What they do deny is that there is a an actual breeding population in MN. There are plenty of pictures of bobcats and lynx floating around with people proclaiming undeniable "proof" of mountain lions, so they have to be skeptical at first.

While it's not out of the realm of possibility that there are breeding populations of lions, I have yet to ever see any pictures of any young group of cats to prove they are breeding in MN. Maybe they are out there, but I would think that a picture taken in MN of young lion kits would be a big deal.

I don't think the DNR is trying to cover anything up when it comes to lions in MN. They fully acknowledge they show up from time to time and I think they're accurate when they say that there are a few wanderers coming over from the Dakotas that may stay a while and move on in search of love.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”