The Grande Gato

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

The Grande Gato

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:59 am

Funny how life works sometimes. We often have goals, dreams, etc... that forever go unfulfilled. Then there are other times I believe the man upstairs rewards us simply for our effort.

I wanted a bobcat as far back as I can remember. Would have been completely happy trapping one or shooting one with a call, or pile of fish guts with a rifle. I remember the very first one I ever saw while deer hunting with my dad. A long lean female with a good number of newborns that couldn’t have been more than a few weeks old. Even though I begged my father wouldn’t let me shoot it.

I saw close to a dozen more while Bowhunting through the years. If anyone of you have ever seen one, you will concur that they slip in silent and vanish as quick as they arrived. The fact I got one so many years later and the way it came about makes it one of my most prized trophies.

I finally got my cat with my stickbow. Was a cold frosty morning in mid November and I was posted up on a creek crossing. The big cat came out of nowhere and positioned himself 15 yards to my left shooting side. He squatted down and began licking his paws. I let him have right in the giblet! He jumped up like a BB gun rabbit. I remember walking up with the excitement I can’t explain. For so long I’ve waited for this and on this day the man upstairs tossed me a bone. I smile every time I gaze at this creature who tops my bookshelf. My friends, sometimes just doing your best and having faith will deliver unexplainable results. For those interested he weighed over 50lbs and the taxidermist had to remove a lot of girth to fit him on the form.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: The Grande Gato

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:41 am

Beautiful swamp tiger sir. Huge congrats.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:09 am

A5BLASTER wrote:Beautiful swamp tiger sir. Huge congrats.

Thank you!

Hope u don’t mind but swamp tiger is going in the black book to use at a future time :lol:
-John Wayne-
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 am

Boogieman1 wrote:

Thank you!

Hope u don’t mind but swamp tiger is going in the black book to use at a future time :lol:

Lol. Feel free to use it. That's what we have called them for years down here.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am

A5BLASTER wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

Thank you!

Lol. Feel free to use it. That's what we have called them for years down here.

Mighty white of ya. In return I offer up this gem of a quote. Tuck it away for a rainy day. You will know when the time is right to deploy! :lol:

"I've been around the block a few times, I trust him, think you should too." Tom Selleck
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”