It is time again

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alleyyooper

It is time again

Unread postby alleyyooper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Hate having coyotes around the home place where I can hear them.
Got woke up at 12:45 AM july 5th, again at 4:15 july 7th and this morning at 4:05 AM.

For me that is to close to thre home. I do not have any live stock I worry about them getting and shut my dog inside there inside pens at night. We do have a few cats who use the pole barn and garage to live in while keeping mice at bay on the place.
But still I worry about being out walking the dogs and getting attacked by a pack of coyotes.

I am going to call a friend and see if they want to come Saturday morning or Sunday and take a shot at eliminating them.

Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.
Uncle Lou

Re: It is time again

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:44 am

Get'em Al. I don't know how one would cope with mosquitos at night, but if you can hack that, go for it.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 am

Being a big woods guy, I actually enjoy hearing them howl at night. Don't get me wrong, I try to control the population too.

I just moved from a home that had State Forest land all around me. I heard coyotes virtually every night throughout the entire year, It was seldom I did not. Obviously a huge population. One of my neighbors and his extended family trapped over 50 out of the area, going a few miles in any direction...

No impact whatsoever, the 50 coyotes gone didn't reduce the song dogs singing at all.

Its the yearling male coyotes that are aggressive and very stupid. I've gotten up to go salmon fishing and not only had a small pack within 80 yards of me but they sounded off and watched with my garage door open and bright light, a yard mercury light on etc. while loading my gear.

You probably don't have that high of a population but don't be surprised if you can't even come close to eliminating them. Good luck.
alleyyooper

Unread postby alleyyooper » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 am

Is a small area here about 200 wooded acres behind me. My 20 with the creek that runs thru it a travel route for every thing and about 30 acres of woods across the road.

But every time we put hunting pressure on and shot a couple we don't hear them any longer for a good bit of time.

They find greener pastures.

I just don't like tham that close to the house. It has been worse. Couple years ago summer time they woke me from a sound sleep 3:00AM. I flipped on the flood lights and there were two standing under my bed room window.

Eric and Dean both came that time and we got 3.

Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”