Coyotes with thermal optics

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Coyotes with thermal optics

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Just did a refresh on YouTube and, bam! There it was. Watching now.

Nice new ride too. All the cool guys have dark gray F150s...
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Smitty
Facebook: Mitch Smith

Unread postby Smitty » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Very cool stuff!! Those optics are incredible.
Haste makes waste
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:49 pm

Thats some high tec equipment! Very cool
Pse

Unread postby Pse » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:48 am

Thermal is a game changer you'll see critters that you wouldn't see with a lamp or night vision, the only problem I've found apart from the cost is if your not careful you'll have unexplained misses and it's hitting brush between you and the target that the thermal doesn't pick up on. I've ended up using thermal as a spotter and digital night vision on the rifle , trying to get the best from both.I'm using it to hunt red foxes here in the uk , I don't know whether it's legal to use it in the states for game recovery but if it is awesome for that too
moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:33 am

Crazy fun and highly addictive! Love hunting yotes with thermal. Big investment to hunt dogs though. We did use the scanner to recover one deer last year that we likely would not have otherwise so you can try to justify cost. Wish we had hogs here as they look like a blast to night hunt too.
Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:30 am

Pse wrote:Thermal is a game changer you'll see critters that you wouldn't see with a lamp or night vision, the only problem I've found apart from the cost is if your not careful you'll have unexplained misses and it's hitting brush between you and the target that the thermal doesn't pick up on. I've ended up using thermal as a spotter and digital night vision on the rifle , trying to get the best from both.I'm using it to hunt red foxes here in the uk , I don't know whether it's legal to use it in the states for game recovery but if it is awesome for that too

What thermal spotter are you using?
Pse

Unread postby Pse » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:13 am

Wapiti wrote:
Pse wrote:Thermal is a game changer you'll see critters that you wouldn't see with a lamp or night vision, the only problem I've found apart from the cost is if your not careful you'll have unexplained misses and it's hitting brush between you and the target that the thermal doesn't pick up on. I've ended up using thermal as a spotter and digital night vision on the rifle , trying to get the best from both.I'm using it to hunt red foxes here in the uk , I don't know whether it's legal to use it in the states for game recovery but if it is awesome for that too

What thermal spotter are you using?

Guide r 510 , depending on the clarity of the night you can pick a fox at 500 yds + . It's got to the stage now I'd feel handicapped at night without thermal

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”