Average Joe poll

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Would you use your tag?

Yes.
53%
No.
41%
Probaby the last week of the season.
6%

Total votes: 49
G3s
500 Club

Re: Average Joe poll

Unread postby G3s » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:08 pm

I would burn a bow tag on him here at home, that is a great buck for my area of Michigan.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 am

This is in the original post... I know exactly what I will do ;)

My answer is - I would take the 8-pointer without a doubt if provided a quality shot.

When I get home (can't do it at work) I will post my close encounter from last year, along with what roams around my area to see if it sways your testical fortitude and hold out for the big one... To be continued 8-)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 pm

I would shoot him without a doubt. I keep trying to improve on what I already have and while I have shot bigger with a gun, I haven't with a bow. I shot two 2.5 year old bucks in 2009, one was a nice 8 point with a lot of potential on private land, the other was a busted up buck that I grunted in on public land. Most people wouldn't have looked at them twice but on both my heart was absolutely racing and thats what I make my decisions on. I will also shoot any buck regardless of age or size that has a unique rack or something way out of the ordinary. A few years back I shot a buck with one horn thats normal but scrubby, the other was growing down his face and was dark brown and had a club on the end.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 pm

i would on public land, if its on private land i would let him go for a couple years. he has a nice big frame to build on. this deer will grow up to be a giant
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Wired Wrong

Unread postby Wired Wrong » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Shooter in my part of the world. :cry:
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 am

i would whack that one for sure...i have never harvested a buck yet...i have passed quite a few bucks up that were small...one of them is now a shooter this year and i know where he beds... so i see the benefit of letting them go

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”