New Property

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
BigHunt

Re: New Property

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Bucky wrote:Thermals are not always rising either... they do fall in the evenings and cont to fall until the sun starts to warm the earth floor the next am.

I agree 100% with Muddy, 7 acres there are only likely 2, maybe 3 good stand spots in that 7 acres. Leave it alone and hunt the big public stuff until things start getting fun around Nov 2,3,4... then go and sit all day. The major trails should be paralleling the creek bottom... pick a hog trail and sit on the high side, if you get blown or see something happening else where on the property get down and move. If the deer are moving stick it out as long as you can

perty much what i said about the termals. ;) your more of a rut hunter it seems, im a "bed" hunter as they call it ;)

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm

bighunt wrote:
Bucky wrote:Thermals are not always rising either... they do fall in the evenings and cont to fall until the sun starts to warm the earth floor the next am.

I agree 100% with Muddy, 7 acres there are only likely 2, maybe 3 good stand spots in that 7 acres. Leave it alone and hunt the big public stuff until things start getting fun around Nov 2,3,4... then go and sit all day. The major trails should be paralleling the creek bottom... pick a hog trail and sit on the high side, if you get blown or see something happening else where on the property get down and move. If the deer are moving stick it out as long as you can

perty much what i said about the termals. ;) your more of a rut hunter it seems, im a "bed" hunter as they call it ;)

I hunt the "odds"... I hunting bedding areas from Sept-Mid Oct or super secluded low pressure food, then I transition to travel cooridors between bedding areas/food or doe bedding areas, then I hunt rut funnels, then I hunt the best quality food source I can find come Dec.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Lastoneout

Unread postby Lastoneout » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 am

Had heavy rains all day so I went In and pulled the card...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 am

looks good 8-) now what are you looking for bucks like that or bigger one ?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Lastoneout

Unread postby Lastoneout » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:11 am

Problay bigger but its hard to say would have to see the one closest to the camera on hoof. I'm holding out for a tall boy I haven't seen yet, but I do have 6 buck tags

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:51 am

With 7 acres your options are so limited. I would go low impact, hang a couple of stands and hunt with the wind in your favor. Figure out if the deer are transitioning through there or living there. Hunt and get out, you don't need to scout on 7 acres you can do that from the stand as you are hunting. Sometimes successful hunting is a product of what we don't do.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Lastoneout

Unread postby Lastoneout » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Got the bachelor group above patterned pretty good they cross the creek at the same spot every morning walk up the trail toward the backyard and graze on the crab apples between 8-930 almost every morning but to get to the creek they have to cross my stand not sure if ill take one of them yet as I would like to think there's a bigger one around there. I'll be checking the cam and laying out some more corn this wkend or next depending on weather.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:18 am

[quote="Lastoneout"]Got the bachelor group above patterned pretty good they cross the creek at the same spot every morning walk up the trail toward the backyard and graze on the crab apples between 8-930 almost every morning but to get to the creek they have to cross my stand not sure if ill take one of them yet as I would like to think there's a bigger one around there. I'll be checking the cam and laying out some more corn this wkend or next depending on weather.

for now until they split up and the food scorces change then it will get tricky
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Lastoneout

Unread postby Lastoneout » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 am

Yea I should have a week or to being my season starts 9/15, but im not sure. Im gonna hunt it once or twice early season then let it sit til late october / early november.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am

sounds like a plan ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”