moon phase questoin?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: moon phase questoin?

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm

muddy wrote:What's in the coozie?

It is the koozie I took to Hawaii and went up top of Diamond Head with me. One of Lou's Stealth Outdoor's with a beer in it!!!!!! (I apologize Lou for not having it in the pic better to rep for ya!!!) I was drinking it, can you believe it!!!!!! Me drinking beer!!!!! It was about 105 when that pic was taken and I needed more than the gallon of water I had been drinking.I actually drank beer on July 4th at Gruene Hall listening to Stonehoney play for 4 hours and then yesterday. Started and ended both days with Dos Equis. Woulda had that in the Koozie, but, duh, I forgot to bring a bottle opener!!!!! So Coors it was!!!!! So I have drank 6 beers in 1 week where I hadn't drank beer in over 10 years!!!!!! The heat and lack of rain is gettin' to me!!!!!hehehehehehe
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 am

8-)
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 am

dan wrote:Moon over head, or below feet meaning at the highest or lowest point is the peak moon time. Not really wether its above or below the horizen. The best times are when the moon is over head /under feet at a natural movement time like within an hour or two of dark either morning or evening.

How exactly do you know the times when the moon is overhead/underfoot, is that info available somewhere?

Gibby
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 am

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 am

Or just buy Jeff Murrys moon guide.

http://www.moonguide.com/
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the link dreaming bucks

[glow=red]MOON
Moonrise 4:59 p.m. on preceding day
Moonset 2:31 a.m.
Moonrise 6:06 p.m.
Moon transit 10:46 p.m.
Moonset 3:23 a.m. on following day[/glow]

This is what I just got off the website, what exactly on here tells me when the moon is overhead and when it is underfoot?

Moon transit of 10:46 pm, is that when its peeking in the sky (overhead) and then about 12 hours later it would be underfoot?
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am

Gibby wrote:Thanks for the link dreaming bucks

[glow=red]MOON
Moonrise 4:59 p.m. on preceding day
Moonset 2:31 a.m.
Moonrise 6:06 p.m.
Moon transit 10:46 p.m.
Moonset 3:23 a.m. on following day[/glow]

This is what I just got off the website, what exactly on here tells me when the moon is overhead and when it is underfoot?

Moon transit of 10:46 pm, is that when its peeking in the sky (overhead) and then about 12 hours later it would be underfoot?

That is correct. Underfoot and overhead (transit) are considered major periods, and moonrise and moonset are considered minor perioids. During these times movement is suppose to be more intense. Anytime these occur around sunrise and sunset game predictors claim this will be the best time for activity.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”